Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Must Read This Story

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must Read This Story

I am trying to pull out of this busy intersection for about 5 minutes and finally see a break in the traffic. I gave the Evo. some gas but not much more than anybody would in the same situations to make sure they get out safely. I ended up pulling out in front of a cop. I did think much about it, but than the blue lights come on and here he comes. He comes up to the car and says," DO you know why I pulled you over?" Of course, I said no. He tells me I pulled out recklessly and squealed my tires. I told him that is impossible because this thing is all wheel drive. The cop asked for all the normal stuff and so I handed him all the info. Unfortunately, my insurance card expired and he needed some sort of proof that the Evo. is still insured. I called USAA and got the lady on phone and handed it to him. The cop still gave me 2 tickets for over $500.
He wrote one for reckless driving and the other for no proof insurance.

THE KICKER IS THE COP OWNS AN EVO. !!!!!!!!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

wow, what luck do you have pulling in front of a cop, as soon as he saw that big wing he knew he had a ticket to give. But come on dude, you know dont travel with anything expired in your car.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:38 PM

in that case you would think he would cut you a little slack (being an evo owner and all).

but man that does suck
Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gaulrich2003

No Way!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

More details please....

Last edited by 05-EVO-GSR; Mar 10, 2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

damn bro that sucks.

everyone is getting pulled over whats going on
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:16 PM

Having just bought my EVO (and never having owned a car with a wing before), this was one of my big worries (extra attention from the 5-0). But knock on wood, so far I've had 3 cops behind me and I've never been stopped or otherwise been given extra attention. So there definitely are a lot of good ones out there.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

cops are dicks!! seriously! if i was the cop, id probably just give you one ticket. if you had an sti on the other hand.....................
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

That cop does not deserve to own an evo....PHUK HIM!!!!! i am sick and tired of these bullsh!t pull over excuses for these damn cops, did you chirp your tires? <---- it's not that easy to do, i mean you really have to go at it. The cop prbly couldn't pop a boner that morning so he was pissed<---- hope he reads this ****
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

what state was this in?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, do you guys read what you are saying, you guys sound like kids. There doing their job. I know i've been mad at judges, but they have the righ tto do what there doing. Are they supose to have sympathy for everyone. The day I got my license suspended with a 600 dollar fine, I was heated at the judge since he threw the book at me. But, then I look back I said hey, he was being a dick, but he had the right.

Its not like they are doing anything illegal. Thats like getting mad at your boss, cuz he wants you to work on a friday night, hey he got the right. "ITS CALLED THE REAL WORLD" You catch no breaks in the real world.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

First off, don't travel with expired stuff in your car. Second, don't EVER draw attention to yourself in an evo. The cops just want an excuse to pull you over. If they don't have an excuse, most will leave you be. You could have chirped your tires if you were turning sharp and accelerating fast. It isn't too hard to do. I feel for you, but with this car, you have to drive smart.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mookie
First off, don't travel with expired stuff in your car. Second, don't EVER draw attention to yourself in an evo. The cops just want an excuse to pull you over. If they don't have an excuse, most will leave you be. You could have chirped your tires if you were turning sharp and accelerating fast. It isn't too hard to do. I feel for you, but with this car, you have to drive smart.
My insurance card, not my insurance, just expired on my birthday about a week ago. USAA said my new card must have been sent to the wrong address or something.

This happened in South Carolina and my car is registered in Ohio.

I forgot to mention, the cop said he would have toed me if I had South Carolina tags instead of Ohio tags. He proceeded to tell me it would not be good for the differential.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:05 PM

That totally sucks man. A few weeks ago I got pulled over by a statie doing 135-140 in a 55 and was let go with just a warning. So needless to say I don't speed or chance it anymore. Just try to get him to not give any points, and good luck.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by gaulrich2003
any member here