Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

im thinking my evo may be taking a new owner today, what am i doing?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im thinking my evo may be taking a new owner today, what am i doing?

anyways, i think there is someone going to wire me the funds today to buy my car. This means that I will be looking into getting another car this weekend, and there is one locally to me that im going to look at.

1994 Supra BPU+

its a good looking car from pics

but, do you guys think im pretty stupid for selling my car with 60k on it and quiet a few mods for a car that is 9 years older and double the miles?

I cant wait to own a supra, but i have a feeling im going to miss the Evo soo soo much.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
anyways, i think there is someone going to wire me the funds today to buy my car. This means that I will be looking into getting another car this weekend, and there is one locally to me that im going to look at.

1994 Supra BPU+

but, do you guys think im pretty stupid for selling my car with 60k on it and quiet a few mods for a car that is 9 years older and double the miles?

I cant wait to own a supra, but i have a feeling im going to miss the Evo soo soo much.

SRT, Evo, now possibly a Supra all in a span of what, 3 years? Why not stick with the Evo? If the Supra will be your daily, id say it's a bad move.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

+1 dont get a supra as a daily driver. it's more maintenance since it's an older car and has more miles. if you need a daily driver. look into getting that new civic si. doesnt look half bad.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

You'll miss your Evo.

I had a 97TT new up to 75k, and while it was a sexier and faster car. The damn thing squeaked a lot and was due for serious maintenence. The three days a year we got snow, the car was absolutely worthless. Especially when the car was in "snow" traction mode. In rain, even with 285 rear Bridgestone S0-2 it was squirrely. The utility of the Supra is nil in comparison to the Evo, but hey, if its just going to be you puttin around town then why not?

You'll probably sell it in a year or two anyhow.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

HaIm
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

dumb move to make a supra your daily driver... sick car though.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:41 AM

Supras do have that kind of tuner mystique, but me? I would keep the Evo. Then again, we get alot more snow here in CT then you do in TN...
Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

yeah we dont have much snow at all here.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

I smell scam

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1

1994 Supra BPU+

So you say you're not sure WHO's gonna buy your car? And you just think that someones gonna wire you the funds? Have you actually seen the car (Supra) in person? This sounds like a scam to me.

As for the Supra, I agree with the rest. I sold my TT-Z because it just wasnt practical and was very expensive to maintain and keep running down the road. The labor alone would be detrimental to one's budget and even if you're a DIY mechanic, looking at how cramped the engine bay is is enough to discourage weekend machanics.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:59 AM

I drove a few Evo's and I have to say, it is one of the best car's to have in the New England region since it you get to be quick, have versatility, and can mess with AWD.

I do not drive my Supra in the Snow because it has never seen snow, IS RUST FREE, and is pretty damn fast.

My other car is a 94 Blazer with a 350 and a plow. The money I make plowing over the winter pays for the gas and insurance for the blazer, and some moding money for the supra.

My dawg has 135k miles, is a 93.5, and is in awesome condition. I couldn't be happier with it. The only advice I recommend for you is that you don't go cheap on it. Do the proper mainteinance you would do with the EVO, and get ready to change your rear tires a lot.

It is up to you. People have gone over 200k+ miles on the stock engine and turbos and no problems. But, make sure who owned that car before hand. Do a leak down and compression test to see if the motor is fine, or the turbos are fine. Check if the transmission grinds or the rear end doesnt clunk. GO to Supraforums.com and read up what you should know about this car before you dump money into it.

Evo or a Supra, I wish I had both. The ex-owner of my Supra has an A6, the Supra and an Evo. He sold the Supra! Goes to show you what Evo's are doing to people these days.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:01 AM

ALso, I wanted to post something else very important. A BPU+ supra should be pushing around 420rwhp to the wheels. My car is at 508rwhp right now and even with 285 Toyo T1-S's, 1st and 2nd gear is worthless, sometimes 3rd. You NEED to control the car if you get sideways. It's not like a SRT4 or an EVO, it is a very different handling car. KNow your limits. Be safe.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

the car is an AUTO..im going to check it out saturday, its about 3hrs from me.
Car fax is clean, has had 2 owners.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

EVO 8 for an auto supra? It's a down grade IMO. If it were a six speed, it would be a pretty even trade. I read that it's a b***h to swap in a six speed into an auto supra.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by prowler
You'll miss your Evo.
+1
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:31 PM

Get the supra and buy a beater for $1,000.

Last edited by BreakNeck; Mar 16, 2006 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: im thinking my evo may be taking a new owner today, what am i doing?