Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need to know where I can get DiaQueen fluids

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nightwalker
So I went to my local Mitsubishi dealer and after talking to the dip$hit at the counter, left completely frustrated because he didn't know what I was talking about and couldn't get me anything. I've searched the site, but I either I probably suck at searching or I can't find anything.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good online site, or dealer site where I can get the Transfer case and rear diff fluid. Thanks in advance.
i used royal purple 75W90 gear oil in the T/C & diffs. for the price of 1 can of Diaqueen, i was able to do both evo's...
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:02 PM

my dealer calls it diamond queen maybe u can try that
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

i just went to the lancer shop site and theyre sold out of the diaqueen for the t/c and diff.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
Yes that right.. it 15 or 20 gal Drum with Pump.. U have go to service to get change rear diff oil
they said they don't sell it without the service.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
No, Redline is not better than Super Diaqueen. Please only use the Super Diaqueen in the tcase and rear diff.
Warrtalon - Is it possible to purchase ALL of the necessary types of fluid from a dealership or from lancershop? I went into Fresno Mitsu a few weeks ago to get prices. They sell Diaqueen for a reasonable price, but there was some other specialized fluid that has to be used that they only have in bulk at the dealership (and therefore do not sell). They're going to charge me about $389 to change just the fluids. I'm not THAT mechanically inclined when it comes to cars, but if I could purchase the correct fluids separately I could save some $ by having a regular service station actually change them. I only want the factory recommended ones, though.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mathgeek
Warrtalon - Is it possible to purchase ALL of the necessary types of fluid from a dealership or from lancershop? I went into Fresno Mitsu a few weeks ago to get prices. They sell Diaqueen for a reasonable price, but there was some other specialized fluid that has to be used that they only have in bulk at the dealership (and therefore do not sell). They're going to charge me about $389 to change just the fluids. I'm not THAT mechanically inclined when it comes to cars, but if I could purchase the correct fluids separately I could save some $ by having a regular service station actually change them. I only want the factory recommended ones, though.
Use Diaqueen in the T/C and rear diff and Pennzoil synchromesh in the tranny. They are very easy to change and only takes about an hour. Look into the How To/ Installations forum to get the proper procedure.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TxEvo8
Use Diaqueen in the T/C and rear diff and Pennzoil synchromesh in the tranny. They are very easy to change and only takes about an hour. Look into the How To/ Installations forum to get the proper procedure.
Thanks! And the Pennzoil synchromesh is 100% realiable and will not cause any warranty issues in the future?
Old Mar 17, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mathgeek
Thanks! And the Pennzoil synchromesh is 100% realiable and will not cause any warranty issues in the future?
When you're talking about warranty and the EVO, there are no absolutes, sorry. You can get the synchromesh at any GM dealer.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TxEvo8
I would say use BG II Synchromesh or Royal Purple Synchromesh, they are both synthetic. Pennzoil/GM Synchromesh & BG Synchromesh are not synthetic.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Please use Diaqueen or you will put a new transfer case in like I did 2 years ago.

BGII is great for the tranny.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
im sure the car can run off other oils as long as they are the right quality, diaqueen is not the be all end all of oils. i actually wouldnt be suprised if someone else makes the oil and mitsiu just stamps it with there name
Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:55 AM

Today I am going to switch out my tranny fluid with Amsoil Manual Transmission & Transaxle gear lube 75W-90 API GL-4 and I am going to put Mitsubishi Diaqueen GL-5 in the TC and rear diff...got the diaqueen from www.mitsubishiparts.com 4liters for $35, after shipping and handling it was $44....
Old Mar 19, 2006, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
i dont use the factory fluids i got red line all around and i think its better then all the fluids from the factory

hope you are saving for a new TC.... because redline will destroy your TC... and it is fact not opinion
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

i think www.machevo.com also carries the Diaqueen if u have to have it.

Quick Reply: need to know where I can get DiaQueen fluids