Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Waranty Info

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waranty Info

Ok talking in terms of buying a new evo 9. say i mod the fuc out that betch, new turbo-stock exhaust manifold, full exhaust, fuel injecters, fuel pump, stand alone, a new boost gauge and A/F gauge. Now say i blow the motor due to excessive psi on the new turbo. Could i get away with returning the car back to stock which is deffinetly easly returnably possible and get a new motor under waranty? would there be any issues iam not relizing in the matter. note: i will be saving every stock part i replace so i can return the car to stock form.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BrianBaker24
Ok talking in terms of buying a new evo 9. say i mod the fuc out that betch, new turbo-stock exhaust manifold, full exhaust, fuel injecters, fuel pump, stand alone, a new boost gauge and A/F gauge. Now say i blow the motor due to excessive psi on the new turbo. Could i get away with returning the car back to stock which is deffinetly easly returnably possible and get a new motor under waranty? would there be any issues iam not relizing in the matter. note: i will be saving every stock part i replace so i can return the car to stock form.
Gee, what do you think?

Ignoring the fact that is completely dishonest and WRONG, they aren't stupid and will be able to figure out what was going on.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BrianBaker24
WTF.......no
Old Mar 18, 2006, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Try it and tell us what happens. Then wait for the Karma.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

I don't understand. I just don't get it. You're asking a question that's so easy to answer yourself. It's pretty much a 50/50 chance. Any time you mod your car you're risking your warranty. If you pop your hood, you voided it. LOL. Some Mitsu mechanics are dumb seeing as though I got sold a car that was messed up and had to have my friend find out what was wrong with it. But MOST mechanics are gonna know that you blew the car up by driving the hell out of it and modding it.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

It is called FRAUD!
Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:35 AM

I think this guy is Brian Spilner!
Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Thay will catch you by inspecting the nuts and bolts on every part of the engine bay. They will check for rounded edges and void the warranty.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

Why MOD?

The Evo 9 is perfect from the dealer lot............Its not fast enough for YOU?

Are you a drag racer? or a WRC driver?

Leave the car stock, enjoy the best warranty in the world, and don’t destroy the car by bolting some garage vendor parts on it.
Think about it this way.....
Are garage vendors smarter that 100 Mitsubishi engineers?
Most of these "garage vendors" never finished High School, never mind a Engineering school. Who would you trust more?
Garage vendors act on your driving/ego emotion to sell you uncertified and un-engineered parts to make MONEY. Will they fix your car if it BLOWS up...... NO!!!

Will Mitsubishi fix your car if it blows up...YES!!!(provided you dont mod it).
Its funny...most vendors after their parts cause a engine/drivetrain failure, will try to blame mitsubishi for it and demand warranty repair....!! If I was Mitsubishi, I would laugh in their faces....The sad part is that it is the customer that gets really screwed in this situation.....Don't become one...

All modifications will shorten the lifespan of your car, no matter what "Vendors" tell you. This awesome car was made for performance and longevity from the factory by qualified engineers who built the car with certain parameters in mind.

There is a high price to pay when you modify, if you are willing to pay it to get the
"extra power" or whatever the garage vendors promise you , go for it.

Enjoy the car for what it is.......
If you truly love the car, leave it stock........

Last edited by Rastmp; Mar 18, 2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Mine just came in today and I had a long list of things I wanted to do to it and after driving it, I decided to do tbe and drop in only for now. it spanks anything I have ever owned and I dont need any more....... for now

Last edited by andenbre; Mar 18, 2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by andenbre
Mine just came in today and I had a ling list of things I wanted to do to it and after driving it, I decided to do tbe and drop in only for now. it spanks anything I have ever owned and I dont need any more....... for now
Good call........Just be carefull and dont fall into the "garage vendor" propaganda.

Enjoy your EVO...!!
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rastmp
Good call........Just be carefull and dont fall into the "garage vendor" propaganda.

Enjoy your EVO...!!
You my friend know nothing about car tuning. I wouldn't call AMS or Turbo Trix or Buschur Racing garage vendors, many times aftermarket parts sold by these companies EXCEED the performance/quality/craftsmanship of the OEM parts. For instance my AMS exhaust is of much higher quality than the factory exhaust that came with my Evo. Granted there are some parts that will not match the OE quality and as you will find the companies that sell/produce those parts are not around very long.

To the one that started this thread, I believe you are looking to commit fraud, and when your talking about thousands of dollars for an engine, well you are commiting pretty serious fraud then. You gotta pay to play, plain and simple.

I'm pretty sure I'd put my money with a shop who has spent the last 10-15 years tuning this specific engine ahead of Mitsu. I'd rather have a high school drop out who knew the ins, outs, ups, and downs of my car working on it than some Engineer who has a 4 yr. degree but no experience tuning an Evo.

Your logic is very flawed, I can respect the fact you don't believe in modding your car, but the rest of your statement is just off.

Last edited by BluByWho; Mar 18, 2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

k.... Welcome first off.

Second. If you know ANYTHING about Mitsu's warranty, you know it depends on the dealership you go to. The mechanics aren't stupid mind you. There are some that KNOW when to void you. And if you're already planning to blow up the engine you might as well tell them you wanna join their racing team cus they sure as hell AREN'T gonna supply you with a new one once they find out it's modded.

Actually I don't think they'll look at it.

[edit] Third point. I don't think you deserve this car. To many people, it's hard to acquire an Evo. And for me it was especially hard but I got one. But to read that someone wants to buy one and mod the crap outta it, expecting the engine to blow...that just sickens me.

Last edited by CRVdrftR05; Mar 18, 2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

I am glad to see the majority of people in Evom see that as fraud that will only make mitsu and the dealers crack down harder on people with legitimit warrenty claims.

Pay to play, if ya cant afford the consequences dont take the risk
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Lightbulb

Sorry, but I think you missed my point.....

A modified car will run into mechanical problems sooner or later because it was not engineered to produce and handle this kind of power. This includes all components(drivetrain, engine, internals etc.). You are taking a chance...

Do you realize what kind of cylinder pressure 900WHP creates and what kind of stress it puts on all internals?

Show me a car that lasted more than 1 year with that kind of power....

BTW, I was just giving the thread originator a objective view on a garage vendor forum.......

Originally Posted by BluByWho
You my friend know nothing about car tuning. I wouldn't call AMS or Turbo Trix or Buschur Racing garage vendors, many times aftermarket parts sold by these companies EXCEED the performance/quality/craftsmanship of the OEM parts. For instance my AMS exhaust is of much higher quality than the factory exhaust that came with my Evo. Granted there are some parts that will not match the OE quality and as you will find the companies that sell/produce those parts are not around very long.

To the one that started this thread, I believe you are looking to commit fraud, and when your talking about thousands of dollars for an engine, well you are commiting pretty serious fraud then. You gotta pay to play, plain and simple.