Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who won't let anyone drive your EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just a couple of close friends, one owns an evo and the other one had an 2000 M5, 2003 M3, and now an another M5, plus I have driven his cars already
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

my sister and my mom when i have to, but my mom grew up driving stick and used to have a porsche, a couple of my friends, because they drive stick better than me anyways so i dont have to worry, mechanic and shop guys have driven it, i dont see the big deal, letting someone drive it that knows how to drive is fine. i drove my uncles porsche when i had only driven stick a couple of times the car isnt going to explode if you dont do anything stupid.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

i let my pappy drive it and he put a hole in my recaro with his stupid gun belt (retired militart that became a copper)
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

I let some of my really close friends drive my car on occasions and my older brother. I like to ride in the passenger seat while under heavy acceleration in my own car. It is a good reminder of how fast these cars really are and it is always good to see the smile on thier faces.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont let anyone drive it.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

I let my ex-girlfriend drive it when I first got it. Im probably lucky she didnt screw me over and crash it into a tree or something.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

umm, if I had an Evo it'll only be me...hell I dont let anyone drive my oz
Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

You know when I was at HIN here in san diego I saw a oz rally that had a evo conversion kit. Of course it lacked the widebody wheel wells but it looked aight.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Meg
+1 And most of all no farting on the seats
I HATE THAT omg lol
Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
Alright I don't have one yet but I have a good friend who is buying an s2000, he can't drive stick for SH** right now but he asked me even when he becomes a master at it if I'd let him drive my EVO when I get it, I said nope... simply, nope. He got all offended as if I was just one of those punks that doesn't let anyone drive just because it's MINE. I told him if it were any other car then yes but with all the important/expensive things that can break when someone who isn't used to this type of car that I had a case, he acts like I am saying no just because I can say no and be a snob. Who is allowed to drive YOUR car and am I really a douche bag as he says?

U!
Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:01 PM

Ive only let one person drive my evo, after I turned the boost down to 15psi.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

I have a few close friends that I have let drive it, but only with me in it. It never bothered me before until yesterday actually, when I let him take it for a drive, I found myself not liking it because he wasn't driving the car like I do. He wasn't beating on it or anything, just was a weird feeling, never had it before. We were going along at maybe 40mph and he was in 5th gear. I felt like telling him to downshift, but I didn't. I think 40 is a little to low for 5th, maybe it is just me.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:37 PM

I always let my wife drive mine but then she drives it like it was a Toyota Hybrid. I
can't remember her ever exceeding 4000 rpms, what a waist......
Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

I never let anyone. I don't even let mechanics pull it onto the lift, if I can help it. The only exception is when I let the service guys at Huntington Beach pull it in because I needed some warranty work done and didn't want to be all jerky (just a plastic piece).
Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:47 PM

I'll let friends/family drive it. I used to be more concerned about who drove my car until I met a buddy. First time we hung out (we'd talked online about cars) we went for a spin in his turbo 'teg and then he passed me the keys.

If a friend (at least if they can drive pretty well) wants to test it out, I'll let them. I don't want them to go 10/10th's but they can give it some gas... If it's so fragile that I'm the only one that can drive it, then I should damn well fix whatever is on the edge of breaking...

Just a couple weeks ago I went for a spin with my bro-in-law. He asked to drive it and I said sure, no problem. Now... if he'd hurry and get get that Carrera S so he could return the favor...

Quick Reply: Who won't let anyone drive your EVO?