Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who won't let anyone drive your EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:04 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who won't let anyone drive your EVO?

Alright I don't have one yet but I have a good friend who is buying an s2000, he can't drive stick for SH** right now but he asked me even when he becomes a master at it if I'd let him drive my EVO when I get it, I said nope... simply, nope. He got all offended as if I was just one of those punks that doesn't let anyone drive just because it's MINE. I told him if it were any other car then yes but with all the important/expensive things that can break when someone who isn't used to this type of car that I had a case, he acts like I am saying no just because I can say no and be a snob. Who is allowed to drive YOUR car and am I really a douche bag as he says?
Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only person that drives my car is my wife.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

I used to be exactly like that with a previous car I owned. But then an extended family member threw me the keys to his ferrari, and I realized how insane I was being. I figured if he could trust me with a ferrari, I could start trust friends with my car.

I still will only let people drive that I know can drive stick well, won't screw me over if they do break something, and I'm with them. I haven't had a problem with my good friends driving my cars, and I've gotten to drive some sweet rides in return (college roommate is getting a new z06 soon) sometimes karma is a good thing too!
Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

I let the GF drive the Evo, and a few close friends who also trust me with their tuned cars (typically other AWD turbo cars). This is only a once-in-a-while occasion though.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
Alright I don't have one yet but I have a good friend who is buying an s2000, he can't drive stick for SH** right now but he asked me even when he becomes a master at it if I'd let him drive my EVO when I get it, I said nope... simply, nope. He got all offended as if I was just one of those punks that doesn't let anyone drive just because it's MINE. I told him if it were any other car then yes but with all the important/expensive things that can break when someone who isn't used to this type of car that I had a case, he acts like I am saying no just because I can say no and be a snob. Who is allowed to drive YOUR car and am I really a douche bag as he says?
i let my girl friend drive it once, she rev'd it up to 4k and SLOOOOOOOOOWLY let the clutch out.... OMG... my poor clutch.

so, now, I only allow myself to drive it.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

I've tried to teach my GF to drive on my car, hasn't gone very well but whatever. Also I only let friends drive my car on the highway during long trips back and forth to college and home.

Aside from that, no one drives it.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8emUp
Same here.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

I let folks drive it, but only if they have years experience driving a stick AND if I'm in the car.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by EVO8emUp
not even she drives it
Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

My immediate family who know how to drive standard and a few close friends who all have their own tuned cars and a sense of responsibility are the only ones I let drive it.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

i let my brother drive sometimes, Rarely, and when i do a mod with it ill let my buddy that helped with the mod drive to feel the fruits of our labor. he is getting an sti so i hope he will return the favor
Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Only my wife and she doesn't like driving it cause it scares her!
Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

The only person I let drive my evo is my best friend. He actually was the trusting one at first. He had a 300zx modidifed twin turbo and a 240sx with SR20DET and he let me drive them both before I had my evo.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

I let anyone and everyone drive my 03 VIII and it was put in a ditch by my sister ex boyfriend. and Totalled now I have a 06 IX and nobody exept me drives it!
Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

I Only let my buddy drive it who is a local tuner..other than that no one else..Kind of scared if they mess something up then. Although I use to let everyone drive my honda..always shifts like butter

Quick Reply: Who won't let anyone drive your EVO?