Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2

let me start of by saying that i am new to all of this...i don't know my head from my **** when it comes to this stuff. i bought the car with all my mods already done.

that being said, i have an innovate lc-1 wideband o2 sensor, and the innovate xd-1 digital display. after the warmup cycle is done, the display is showing 'E 4'. the tech from innovate replied to my email saying
"An E4 means that the unit is not calibrated. Please follow the calibration sequence detailed in chapter 3 of the attached manual"

unfortunatly i don't know what the hell the manual is talking about, due to the same reasons stated before about being a newbie.....

does anyone out there have one of these that can maybe translate what the hell i am supposed to do?? and why would it need to be calibrated now when it's been installed for quite some time??
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mack4477
let me start of by saying that i am new to all of this...i don't know my head from my **** when it comes to this stuff. i bought the car with all my mods already done.

that being said, i have an innovate lc-1 wideband o2 sensor, and the innovate xd-1 digital display. after the warmup cycle is done, the display is showing 'E 4'. the tech from innovate replied to my email saying
"An E4 means that the unit is not calibrated. Please follow the calibration sequence detailed in chapter 3 of the attached manual"

unfortunatly i don't know what the hell the manual is talking about, due to the same reasons stated before about being a newbie.....

does anyone out there have one of these that can maybe translate what the hell i am supposed to do?? and why would it need to be calibrated now when it's been installed for quite some time??

I have had the same setup now for ~3 months and only had to calibrate it before installation. To calibrate you need to remove the sensor from the DP so it sees free air then push the small button on the display 3 times quickly. 'CAL' will display, press the botton one more time to confirm and let it do its thing.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its like working in a smokey bar, every once in awhile you need to go out in the fresh air so your nose can get an idea of what air is supposed to smell like.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
I have had the same setup now for ~3 months and only had to calibrate it before installation. To calibrate you need to remove the sensor from the DP so it sees free air then push the small button on the display 3 times quickly. 'CAL' will display, press the botton one more time to confirm and let it do its thing.
i have no idea where the sensor hooks into the DP..whatever the hell that is ....where am i looking?? lol
Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

somewhere in the exhaust pipe, from the turbo back to the middle of the cat you will see a object with wires that run inside the cabin. that might be your o2 sensor. pretty sure you will need a 22mm open end wrench, and a bowl of "wheatties"
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Hey mack, get a hold of me tomorrow. Come on over and I'll show you how it's done. I have the same set-up.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

If your car has been setting for atleast 6 hours you wont have the pull the sensor. Just turn your key on and let it heat up(the sensor). On the gauge, push the small button 3 times fast and it will flash CAL then push the button again and it will calibrate it.

Thats all you got to do.

--Josh
Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mack4477
i have no idea where the sensor hooks into the DP..whatever the hell that is ....where am i looking?? lol

DP = downpipe which is under your car. Id suggest having someone help you who knows what they are doing.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

I know when you get that error on the LM1 u need to calibrate the heater, then free air calibrate it
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
I know when you get that error on the LM1 u need to calibrate the heater, then free air calibrate it

It's probabaly not necessary. If the heater need calibration it would read "E 8"
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

what pia. they should of made it auto-calibrate like some of the other widebands.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

so i re-calibrated the sensor this morning.....seemed to be working fine. went to the gas station. when i left the gas station, it was f'd up again. got home, was told to do a heater calibration, then a free air calibration again. went to pull it in the garage....and everything was fine again. was fine when i went to the mall, got some lunch on the way home, and now it showed error again. WTF??
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:08 AM
djh
Evolving Member

Did you figure out where it's mounted, in the down-pipe or in place of the stock sensor? How old is it, and did the previous owner run leaded gas? The LC-1 has some pretty spiffy electronics and if the sensor doesn't behave correctly due to improper installation, lead, etc. it'll carp about it.

Dave
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like the o2 sensor is bad. You might need to get another one.

--Josh
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Yea that is what it sounds like to me bad o2, might need a new one.

Quick Reply: Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2