Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Engine Died...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2006, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Engine Died...

as some of you might know...couple days ago...a truck tire flew off, went under my car and busted oil filter bracket..this is referring back to my old thread.. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=190065 well.. this sucks.. i overnighted the oil filter bracket and had it installed only to discover more problems... the timing belt was chewed up.. i was told this was probaly due to loss of oil pressure and oil starvation... dealership told me that i probaly need an new ENGINE!! this come to show how some little dumb **** people do can cause a lot more to others... heres some pictures

my car has already been towed.. i hope it comes back and running soon..
Old Mar 22, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck to ya man. Sorry to hear that.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

wow sorry to hear that, you didnt get any info on the truck driver whos tire flew outa the back? i would have his insurance pay for the motor its not fault.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Will comprehensive cover it?

If so, I see a stroker in your future.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Will comprehensive cover it?

If so, I see a stroker in your future.
+1 Submit a claim to your insurance company.

edit: I just read your other thread and I still think that its worth a shot, the last claim was a theft/ vandalism claim, this is more of a collision claim. think of it as your last shot at getting your money out of them before you switch companies

Last edited by andenbre; Mar 22, 2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

You know I read your other thread when this first happened and what really suprises me is that your so pissed off that somebody did something bad to you. When it reality nobody did anything bad to you. Those are some of the hazards that happen when you drive your car on public roads. Yeah it does sucks and I feel really bad for you but it's not like it's the truck drivers fault. Those trucks have dual tires for a reason and I can gaurantee that he had no idea his tire blew out at all, let alone take out another car. Try being a truck driver you'll learn really soon. Anyways I hope your insurance will cover it.

BTW: did you have the plastic shield on beneath the motor? or did you take it off and leave it off?
Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Insurance

Originally Posted by andenbre
+1 Submit a claim to your insurance company.

edit: I just read your other thread and I still think that its worth a shot, the last claim was a theft/ vandalism claim, this is more of a collision claim. think of it as your last shot at getting your money out of them before you switch companies
Yah +23456 and 7. I was behind a Semi truck in my Acura Integra GSR when his back tire blew out on the freeway, took out my passenger side mirror. Also cracked my front Head light and left some dents down the side of my car, my insurance CO. coverd the damages
Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSMEVOLUTION
You know I read your other thread when this first happened and what really suprises me is that your so pissed off that somebody did something bad to you. When it reality nobody did anything bad to you. Those are some of the hazards that happen when you drive your car on public roads. Yeah it does sucks and I feel really bad for you but it's not like it's the truck drivers fault. Those trucks have dual tires for a reason and I can gaurantee that he had no idea his tire blew out at all, let alone take out another car. Try being a truck driver you'll learn really soon. Anyways I hope your insurance will cover it.

BTW: did you have the plastic shield on beneath the motor? or did you take it off and leave it off?
Accidents....so if someone wasn't paying attention and unintentionally hit you by doing a lane change, end result being your front end taken out at a minimum. You wouldn't be pissed? It's an accident, things happen, and I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose (definition of accident).

Some of us may find it quite surprising that you can't relate somewhat to this unlucky guy. You have a point about it not being the drivers fault (if he truely didn't realize.... that we will never know). But I think he has a little right to vent a little.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

i filed a claimed..they will cover it with $1000 deductible..

a stroker engine? i never thought about that.. its at the dealership now.... i don't have to replace every internal parts do i? crankshaft, piston, rods, cams, ect??
Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
If that thing lost oil pressure and seized up (which is what it sounds like) you should hope for a new short block. If you need a new short block you might as well get a stroker bottom end. There isn't much of a price difference from what I've heard. Look at AMS or Buschur.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:36 AM

No reason to be pissed. Sure, it's an inconvenience.....but just look at it like you're getting a new engine for a small cost (your deductible). No clue what year or how miles you had on what is soon to be your old engine as that's irrelevant to me since you'll have a new one.

Good luck and just keep your chin up. This is by far a good thing rather than bad IMO.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

actually im going to have to argee with the thread starter, if the jackass had the crap secured down correctly none of this would have happened. now myself and everyone here knows you always see some dumb Hick driving around a pick up with a whole lotta junk not secured in the bed. like i said im with you bro go head and be pissed because hell i would to if my motor blew one day. thats a big chunk of change to get that replaced
Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Stroke it
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

i called mitsub.. they werent able to put an aftermaket block in there so no stroker... they have to put mitsub supplied motor for the warranty to be extended...

they confirmed with me that the engine is blown and the TURBO IS ALSO GONE!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by J8dailo
i called mitsub.. they werent able to put an aftermaket block in there so no stroker... they have to put mitsub supplied motor for the warranty to be extended...

they confirmed with me that the engine is blown and the TURBO IS ALSO GONE!
wow. It is good, though, that they are doing it with the intention of keeping and extending the warranty.