Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo pedals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2003, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo pedals

IMO the EVO pedals are crappy and I want new ones. Perhaps the WRX pedals. Does anyone have the optional mitsubishi silver or blue ones from the dealer?
Old Apr 6, 2003, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Re: evo pedals

Originally posted by the evo wins
IMO the EVO pedals are crappy and I want new ones. Perhaps the WRX pedals. Does anyone have the optional mitsubishi silver or blue ones from the dealer?
They are on backorder but I'm sure there someone out there who got them earlier.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

I remember someone having pics around. I'll try to see if I could find them.

EDIT: Finally I found them:

Last edited by LancerEvoMR; Apr 6, 2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 11:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i agree with your opinion of the stock pedals, i felt that the only weak link between driver and control of car was in the pedals, i purchased the accessorie pedals for a good deal, kind of had a ***** of a time drilling through the cluth and brake pedals, the only way you'll be getting through those is with a decently high powered corded drill and a carbide bit, the angle you have to drill the top two holes in those two pedals is a little off so i suggest running to the hardware store and picking up four slightly longer screws for those two top holes in the pedals so there is enough thread coming through for the nut to catch, unless you want to go completely by the provided instructions and disassemble the lower dash to get the perfect angle for drilling the holes, i was going to do that but after a couple of screws that portion of the dash still didn't seem to want to give, the gas pedal is pretty much rubber through and through at least at the points you need to drill into it so all you need is a 1.5mm bit to tap some tiny holes for the self tapping screws provided for it, anyways i have a silver evo so i picked up the silver pedals, just thinking of the best match for the momo wheel as well i guess, but in retrospect i don't think the blue ones would look bad at all, only possible issue might be the blue anodized coating might scratch easily or something, my silver ones seem to be very soft, i mean i know they're aluminum but they've already picked up some scratches, but hey, they're pedals :P yeah so i'll try and take some picks of them in my car tomorrow and if anyone needs to know anything else about them just throw your question out here, oh and one more thing, when i showed the head tech at my dealership he was impressed and whispered to me that they are not allowed to even install the pedals for some reason or another, all they can do is sell them ???
Old Apr 7, 2003, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mitsuorder
i agree with your opinion of the stock pedals, i felt that the only weak link between driver and control of car was in the pedals, i purchased the accessorie pedals for a good deal, kind of had a ***** of a time drilling through the cluth and brake pedals, the only way you'll be getting through those is with a decently high powered corded drill and a carbide bit, the angle you have to drill the top two holes in those two pedals is a little off so i suggest running to the hardware store and picking up four slightly longer screws for those two top holes in the pedals so there is enough thread coming through for the nut to catch, unless you want to go completely by the provided instructions and disassemble the lower dash to get the perfect angle for drilling the holes, i was going to do that but after a couple of screws that portion of the dash still didn't seem to want to give, the gas pedal is pretty much rubber through and through at least at the points you need to drill into it so all you need is a 1.5mm bit to tap some tiny holes for the self tapping screws provided for it, anyways i have a silver evo so i picked up the silver pedals, just thinking of the best match for the momo wheel as well i guess, but in retrospect i don't think the blue ones would look bad at all, only possible issue might be the blue anodized coating might scratch easily or something, my silver ones seem to be very soft, i mean i know they're aluminum but they've already picked up some scratches, but hey, they're pedals :P yeah so i'll try and take some picks of them in my car tomorrow and if anyone needs to know anything else about them just throw your question out here, oh and one more thing, when i showed the head tech at my dealership he was impressed and whispered to me that they are not allowed to even install the pedals for some reason or another, all they can do is sell them ???
I bought the silver pedal set as well($64)and installed them last week. As mentioned the gas pedal is pretty easy to install, but the clutch and brake are a bit tougher.

I used a "Sharpie" indelible felt tip pen to mark the drill holes on the rubber gas pedal and metal clutch and brake pedals. As mentioned it doesn't take much to get the gas pedal screws started into the rubber pedal. Avoid using to big of a drill bit or the small self-tapping screws won't hold too well.

I used a smaller drill bit on the metal pedals to provide a pilot hole. The clutch can then be depressed while you drill making it somewhat easier. The brake pedal is very close, and you cant easily compress it enough. I removed the lower dash panel which provided a small amount of additional space allowing me to get the two holes in the top of the brake pedal drilled. BTW The lower dash panel is held on by two philips head screws on the lower part of the panel, one ten mm bolt behind the cubby drawer, and then all that is holding the panel is a couple of press-fit pins that can be carefully seperated. Some electrical connectors for the light azimuth switch and dimmer have to be disconnected to allow the panel to be swung out of the way. Really a lot easier than I make it sound!

My only complaint is that the pedal set is the same set shown in the RalliArt brochure, but where is the alloy dead pedal shown in the picture? If anyone has access to that dead pedal I am sure more than a few people would be interested in buying one to complete the pedal set.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Old Apr 17, 2003, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mitsuorder
Uhhh, do you realize that your paragraph is one sentence?!

I would prefer the drilled pedals to be replacements, not add-ons, but I guess that would be far more difficult to install and it would have safety issues. The way they are now, I can foresee dirt and stuff accumulating in the pedal holes.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

I ordered the Blue pedals almost a freakin month ago and still don;t have then
Old Apr 18, 2003, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

I honestly don't like the metal pedals... My foot seems like it's sliding around on my WRX pedals... The rubber holds my foot in place better on my EVO... I'm staying with the rubber...