Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO IX Performance

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to make me jealous you better be driving a V, the IX is awesome, no doubt, but the V owns my soul.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

wow, evo on evo hate crimes!

I love you guys
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Btw, I'm jealous of IXs. Hell, if I had a IX and used my simple modding/tuning method, I'd be running 11.9s on pump gas and who knows how fast with race gas - all with only the most basic of mods. My VIII MR is great, but it just doesn't compare to a similarly-equipped IX.
Just get a IX turbo solved!!!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Now theres a man with intel and experience speaking the truth. Thanks warr, Ive read a lot of your helpful posts.

Sorry Ryan, I do remember a slight pull with a passenger in my car. And it is you I blame for buying one of these. If your car wasnt so nice, I wouldnt be paying $600 a month right now for my IX. Keep her clean and beautiful as you have. Never thought white could look so good. Wanna cruz 2 night?

Ryan, I also agree with you about the posts, but its pretty irratating when you try to read about things people have tried with thier IX and all you see is pages of jibber of EVO VIII owners. Theres way more pages of EVO VIII stuff, go there, stay out of the EVO IX posts.

And the MIVEC does produce a broader torque and hp curve. Thats why the MIVEC was used. Spool up time is assited, but not much sooner than an VIII because of its size difference.

And those of you who think its just the turbo, install a EVO IX turbo on your car, you will NOT make the same power curve and ultimately be slower at the end of the 1/4.

Japanese tuners were forced to use older heads before because of the parts available, and they already know what works with the older head. The 4g63 has been around 16 years. Recently cam development has just surfaced for the IX.

But if the start of all of this is due to posts that are not helpful with no or wrong information. At least back up your statments with facts or what makes you think the way you do, other than what retyping what youve read.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

See evil evo, shows what you know.

If you keep posting the same wrong information over and over, it doesnt make it true. No offense, I just believe you've been mislead.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LDOGGYDIZZLE
Now theres a man with intel and experience speaking the truth. Thanks warr, Ive read a lot of your helpful posts.

Sorry Ryan, I do remember a slight pull with a passenger in my car. And it is you I blame for buying one of these. If your car wasnt so nice, I wouldnt be paying $600 a month right now for my IX. Keep her clean and beautiful as you have. Never thought white could look so good. Wanna cruz 2 night?

Ryan, I also agree with you about the posts, but its pretty irratating when you try to read about things people have tried with thier IX and all you see is pages of jibber of EVO VIII owners. Theres way more pages of EVO VIII stuff, go there, stay out of the EVO IX posts.

And the MIVEC does produce a broader torque and hp curve. Thats why the MIVEC was used. Spool up time is assited, but not much sooner than an VIII because of its size difference.

And those of you who think its just the turbo, install a EVO IX turbo on your car, you will NOT make the same power curve and ultimately be slower at the end of the 1/4.

Japanese tuners were forced to use older heads before because of the parts available, and they already know what works with the older head. The 4g63 has been around 16 years. Recently cam development has just surfaced for the IX.

But if the start of all of this is due to posts that are not helpful with no or wrong information. At least back up your statments with facts or what makes you think the way you do, other than what retyping what youve read.
Once again the MIVEC is used for low-midrange power and faster spool, the MIVEC is NOT giving all the power on the IX's, the turbo alone is good for 20-25whp right there, so think about that
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe a cruz, BUT, midnight tonight.......is my Birthday, and if you know, a very important birthday Gimmie a call later and we'll chat.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

See evil evo, shows what you know.

If you keep posting the same wrong information over and over, it doesnt make it true. No offense, I just believe you've been mislead.
Al, and David Bushur have stated this on other threads, if i can remember, Al had tuned an VIII with a IX turbo and the numbers were very very close, and he even said it felt like a IX
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

I've owned, modified and rebuilt Mitsubishis for 10 years. Knowing their track record, in terms of reliability, I'd rather not have MIVEC. Just more **** to fail. For the slight gain in hp that you get, I'd rather just keep it simple with fewer parts. When it comes down to it, more parts = greater probability for a failure. But that’s just an opinion, and you know what they say about those.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8emUp
I've owned, modified and rebuilt Mitsubishis for 10 years. Knowing their track record, in terms of reliability, I'd rather not have MIVEC. Just more **** to fail. For the slight gain in hp that you get, I'd rather just keep it simple with fewer parts. When it comes down to it, more parts = greater probability for a failure. But that’s just an opinion, and you know what they say about those.
Why would u own a turbo car then? doesnt make sense!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

I've never owned a Mitsu that wasn't TCed.

Remove the TC from your car and tell me if you feel a SLIGHT decrease in hp.
The TC adds a lot more than 10hp/3lb.ft.

Notice I stated... "For the slight gain in hp that you get". Until you spend countless hrs working on these cars you would never understand.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

so it seems like 9 owners are more proud that they bought a car that's faster from the factory and did minimum mods to be fast and the 8 owners are proud they took another car that's probally not as responsive and put more time and money into it to make it fast. Now they're both good cars... but i'd rather side with the 8 owners (even though it's stupid to take sides here about this anyways... this is worse than Evo Vs. STI arguments). I'd rather have a not as good car and make it fast and brag than just buy a fast car and not to **** to it and have it fast... ie: I'd rather own a 240sx and make it fast as hell rather than just buy a ferrari.. More pride i guess...

This thread is dumb and it totally went off topic from the origional post.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SR20DE-T
Mivec is not all that the turbo is the real power difference. You need to get off your high horse.
STF up! Its obvious you have never been in a 9 before. The mivec makes all the difference in the world. The turbo is the same form the 8 to the 9 the only difference is the impellar shaft. Get outta here with that rubbish!

So whats so different about the turbo? Both cars use the 16g. The difference is in the tuning buddy.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
Once again the MIVEC is used for low-midrange power and faster spool, the MIVEC is NOT giving all the power on the IX's, the turbo alone is good for 20-25whp right there, so think about that
Hey think about this, so is the 8's turbo. Again, its a culmination of the better impellar shaft and the mivec. Each turbo is good for that amount of boost. I have no idea why some of you people think that the 9 has a totally different turbo.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
And what does this do? It does nothing. So you take a 9 turbo put it on your 8 big deal! You will still have the same hp and tq due to your stock tuning. Now you add the 9 ecu and mivec thats where you get the hp and tq from. I can gaurantee you that if you did swap turbos you will not see any gains of hp and tq. Now maybe with the 20g turbo you will but not a 16g.

Quick Reply: EVO IX Performance