Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

which engine damper should i go i with

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which engine damper should i go i with

hey i was wondering what you guys think of the weapon R engine damper compared to the ingalls stiffy. i didn some searching and found some good reviews for the stiffy but not much on the weapon R
Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:01 PM

ingalls is a really well known brand and knows their **** alot better than weapon r
Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

yea i have read some good stuff about them and how the weapon r damper can break but its been redesigned so i was wondering if anyone had and experience with the new one and if it is adjsutable like the stiffy
Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Ingalls
Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Or you can get the lower motor mount which does the same thing, if not better...

If it helps I have a friend that is selling a Buschur front motor mount and the Ingalls dampner. Both unused, PM me if you are interested.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What makes you even consider a damper when it's a band-aid to make up for a weak motor mount? You can replace the front motor mount for $50 and fix it at the source.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

dampers just suck they only help very lil i broke the weapon r one and i just got the ams front mount and it was the best money i ever spent.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

I love my ingalls. Engine mounts aren't adjustable.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What makes you even consider a damper when it's a band-aid to make up for a weak motor mount? You can replace the front motor mount for $50 and fix it at the source.
Thats why he is asking because he does not know as much as you do. You are always so quick to put down people on this board asking questions because they don't know the awnser. Just because people don't know as much as you about an evo doesn't make them any less of a person. I've seen several posts where you just make fun and bager people about their questions. Yes sometimes people ask stupid questions, sometimes post in the wrong forum but that doesn't mean you should act and post the way you do.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

where in warrtalon's post do you find him putting anyone down? He only made an opinion on the subject of motor mounts and that was the point of this whole thread anyways.

as for me $.02, motor mounts are cheaper and more effective but they are harder in install
Old Mar 26, 2006, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor

I am two sided on this "Warrtalon" guy. It seems like he is given too much credit and as far as I am concerned he is like the gospel of Evom. The mods have looked the other way in several posts and let him help but also criticize. If you have a complex with everyone you post a thread with then you typically are not positiveley vieiwed.

This is a helping community right? The guy in the first post gets to suffer when instead you could of said: "An engine dampener is a way to solve the problem, but as others have found the best way to do the same thing more effectively would be a front lower motor mount".
Old Mar 26, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolved Monkey
where in warrtalon's post do you find him putting anyone down? He only made an opinion on the subject of motor mounts and that was the point of this whole thread anyways.

as for me $.02, motor mounts are cheaper and more effective but they are harder in install
how do you figure they are harder to install? faster yes but i dont think installing MM's are that hard, especially if the mount and poly insert are sold as one unit. i like both personally and if i were you i'd install the lower MM and install the damper also but to answer your question, ingalls is the one i'd buy.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
I am two sided on this "Warrtalon" guy. It seems like he is given too much credit and as far as I am concerned he is like the gospel of Evom. The mods have looked the other way in several posts and let him help but also criticize. If you have a complex with everyone you post a thread with then you typically are not positiveley vieiwed.

This is a helping community right? The guy in the first post gets to suffer when instead you could of said: "An engine dampener is a way to solve the problem, but as others have found the best way to do the same thing more effectively would be a front lower motor mount".
Some holds hands; some get to the point. I'm not a hand-holder, now move on.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Installing a motor mount requires you to remove the plastic undertray and getting the stock bushing out of its mount is prety difficult.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

i hear that the engine dampers aren't too effective, and that they send lots of vibration through the firewall...i have a buddy who replaced his motormounts however (side mounts) and the steering wheel shakes so much at idle, but for every mod there are ups and downs.