Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

All the hype about the MR ans IX, what the RS, that's the fastest of the 3!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alloyic_rs
hasnt anyone here drove both? rs and mr.
i own an rs and when i shift gears my rpms fall instantly and very quick which makes me shift very quick.
i test drove an 05 mr a few days ago and the 6 speed tranny is very smooth but when i shift the rpms float for a sec and then start to fall which allows me to shift slower than in my rs
do the regular 5 speed evos have that too? or is it just in the 6 speed mr, cuz my rs feels very very different from the MR
I drove all 3. For me the RS was it! Funny how i drove an MR in Annapolis. And the other 2 in New Jersy. The 06's have different Gears (not much different) but closer ratio.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by WICKed'N'EVO
Let's see they all have the same motor....
IX RS weight less about 95 pounds lighter then the MR and 91 pounds less then the IX. So weight is the RS's advantage!! On the straight line at the 1/4 mile the RS wins both. But if racing on a longer run....like on the highway, autoX the MR have the advantage with the 6 speed gearbox!!

Get the RS if you want to keep on modify, the MR is fully loaded from mitsu so its more of a collector version. The regular IX is in the between.

The RS weighs 146 lbs lighter. There were only 700 RS's made. So not that many in production. The RS actually might be more of a collector then the MR over the long run I'm not sure how many MR's were made. So correct me if it's under 700.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NightShifter
I drove all 3. For me the RS was it! Funny how i drove an MR in Annapolis. And the other 2 in New Jersy. The 06's have different Gears (not much different) but closer ratio.
yeah but what about the differnces in shifting from the rs and the mr as i stated, is that just the nature of the different gearboxes or is it something thats programed in the ecu.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:14 PM

yeah but what about the differnces in shifting from the rs and the mr as i stated, is that just the nature of the different gearboxes or is it something thats programed in the ecu.
If the gears are a closer ratio, then the rpms will stay up higher in the optimal range between shifts. So the MR won't drop as much. I noticed the samething, the RS was instant feedback. The MR (still fast) but not quite that of the RS. A little float as you so named it. Maybe you have to get used to it so I can't state accuratly which would be optimal for the 1/4. Driver dependent...

Last edited by NightShifter; Mar 27, 2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

cool, thanx for the reply
Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

MR is six speed
Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GinuwineEvo8
Cant wait for a n00b RS owner to hit the track (not drag) and try to brake late and realize he locked his brakes up ...
Your not cool.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darwinator
MR is six speed
i am aware of that
Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:43 PM

i am aware of that
It's nice to have a car that can do 12's with out any MODs
Of course, you gotta have the skills to get it there...
Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

It's nice to have a car that can do 12's with out any MODs
Of course, you gotta have the skills to get it there...
Not only the skills , but the tires also. ****ty tires= ****ty times.

Best tires= best times

Don't care if you got 600whp if you can't transfer it to the ground it is meaningless.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Evolution
Not only the skills , but the tires also. ****ty tires= ****ty times.

Best tires= best times

Don't care if you got 600whp if you can't transfer it to the ground it is meaningless.
Tell me something I don't know...
Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:31 AM

tires is one thing BUT dont forget rotating mass, bring on the 17's or even 16's thats the best for acceleration, and thats what matters, but i agree its not how much horsepower you got, its hows your power to weight ratio is and how quickly can you get your turbo to spool up for that horsepower :P
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:44 AM

You guys act like you're going to spin the wheels to hell with this AWD car. As for stock HP, i wouldn't worry about the tires for grip. You want the tires to give when you launch @ 5500 ~ 6000 rpms. I've been launching this way for 4 years, and it always gives me constant 60' times in the 1.6X range.

Three models will also be available in Europe and Japan. Although all models use the same 286 hp (213 kW) engine the torque differs from an model to another, the GSR produce 295 Ft-lb (400Nm)of torque while the RS and GT Produces 300 Ft-lb (407Nm)

RS - revised 5-speed, aluminium roof, gauge pack, minimal interior, LSD and a titanium-magnesium turbine GT - revised 5-speed, this is basically the RS mechanically, but with some of the GSR's features (mainly interior pieces).

Last edited by NightShifter; Mar 28, 2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Vin is depicted as Dominic Torretto. Fast and the Furious 1 was a great movie. 2 was a joke. They didn't even use a real EVO in that movie ( a hopped up looking lancer from what i had read...). I'm looking foward to F&F III. He made some good movies. Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick... I wasn't happy with Triple X. I can't help in real life that the man prefers to be gay, but the character he portrays on screen is another story.
All the guys at work just will not believe vinnie is GAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I work with 2 big Vinne fans CICreations Has Vinne all over his desktop! I asked him why he does not have pictures if chicks. strange to have dudes on you desktop, underwear ect!

Last edited by zmeli; Mar 28, 2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoRobert
Why do you have Vin Diesel as your avatar?
What's wrong with Vin Diesel???? You're crazy.......