Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2005 Evo Rs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
Eh I don't know if they are THAT scarce, I saw one for sale in the classified section, an 05 in WW with 9k and the guy wanted $23,500... no hits. I saw a IX in WW one state below me for $27***.00 Too bad I was not in the market, I'm sure I can be patient, damn there are alot of 03's for sale though. I just want to be as smart as can be when buying a used EVO and I think an 05 over the 03 and 04 is a good start.
i was checking out ebay a week ago. I believe i saw a RS and few 8s. the 03s an 04s were going around 17 to 20k... just check it out..
Old Mar 27, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NightShifter
Well for starters, you are getting a better engine and turbo in general.
Too bad MIVEC (which employs a variable-area cam sprocket) only alters valve timing (where's the lift!)
The turbo has an increased compressor cover diffuser diameter to further improve boost response. This will give you a boost response over the entire rev range. The new turbo is a TD05HR-16G6C-10.5T. The EVO IX’s ECU allows it to pump 20.1 psi of boost at 3500 rpm and 16 psi at redline!
Improved gear ratios! Updated slightly lighter EVO-specific Enkei wheels !
Aesthetic changes to the front, which to most people, looks better then its predecessor. Interior upgrades (steering wheel, pedals, seats...). True, the 8's and 9's retain the same drive train (did the 8's have ACD?). I'm not sure if the RS has the rev limiter @ 5500 rpm. Blah blah blah, so the X will be even better, and then the XI and maybe the XII! Or just skip to lucky number XIII, because XIIII is not good luck in some Eastern Superstitions!

Bottom line, the EVO IX is better. The improvements aren’t huge, but neither is the price increase!
ok we did not need you to tell us how good the IX is...we know,we did not need to know what cars you use for track days and which ones you use for daily driving...we dont care. Do you eat alot of sweets or something cause you sound very hyper and excited for some reason...this your first forum?. Things you need to work on...try calming down and being less annoying.

Last edited by AtO-MiX; Mar 27, 2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AtO-MiX
ok we did not need you to tell us how good the IX is...we know,we did not need to know what cars you use for track days and which ones you use for daily driving...we dont care. Do you eat alot of sweets or something cause you sound very hyper and excited for some reason...this your first forum?. Things you need to work on...try calming down and being less annoying.
lol
Old Mar 27, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

To the original poster ...just keep looking man.Did you try going to any local dealerships to see if they could locate a RS for you...maybe they could ship it to you or something. In any event don't give up man you will def find one just be patient. I believe i saw a 04 RS on auto trade i cannot remeber tho, either yr is good an evo is an evo and once you start modding does not really matter what yr it is...they all have the same potential.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NightShifter
Well for starters, you are getting a better engine and turbo in general.
Too bad MIVEC (which employs a variable-area cam sprocket) only alters valve timing (where's the lift!)
The turbo has an increased compressor cover diffuser diameter to further improve boost response. This will give you a boost response over the entire rev range. The new turbo is a TD05HR-16G6C-10.5T. The EVO IX’s ECU allows it to pump 20.1 psi of boost at 3500 rpm and 16 psi at redline!
Improved gear ratios! Updated slightly lighter EVO-specific Enkei wheels !
Aesthetic changes to the front, which to most people, looks better then its predecessor. Interior upgrades (steering wheel, pedals, seats...). True, the 8's and 9's retain the same drive train (did the 8's have ACD?). I'm not sure if the RS has the rev limiter @ 5500 rpm. Blah blah blah, so the X will be even better, and then the XI and maybe the XII! Or just skip to lucky number XIII, because XIIII is not good luck in some Eastern Superstitions!

Bottom line, the EVO IX is better. The improvements aren’t huge, but neither is the price increase!
Great reason why YOU think it's better........i definetly agree!!!!
Old Mar 27, 2006, 05:58 PM
Account Disabled

I am going to be looking for a 2005, specifically... I can't afford a regular 05 so the RS puts it in my price range, to have all the advantages over an 03 or 04, but still pay no more than $23,000. I have a firm budget.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SR20DE-T
Rare is not a word I use for a car that is still produced rarest of the EVO models but not rare as like a 1970-71 Plymouth 426 Hemi Cuda Convertible. Now that is a rare car I think only a few in existance.
Actually the rarest is the 69' Hemi Coronet Convertible......10 left the factory with 426 Hemi engine.Also to mention the most $$$$$$$.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by AtO-MiX
Sorry Ato! I was answering a question that was posted earlier about explaining the differences. Maybe he was just testing my knowledge.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

lol all good...hopefully everything will work out for this guy.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Must I do all the work......
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9338

Throw him an offer, if you purchase this car my referral fee is $100.lol