Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dropped the clutch in my Evo!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2003, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Evilution
So far all of the best times actually tested including by myself have been from clutch drops. The only difference I do is a 10% lift to engage clutch for like 3 tenths of a second then fully release. This seemed to prevent wheel spin better. Magazines all did a clutch drop, the few posts on this forum garnering 13.5-13.8 are all from clutch drop. Most of us have also stated that we tried slipping the clutch. Like I said if you slip it for more than a second it burns. You can smell it really quickly. I think that's plenty of proof for ya don't ya think. Do a search, read the mag articles and know the truth. If someone finds a miracle way to slip it properly and get better times then they'll be a god send. Until then dump it.
http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...tyfile_wrx.xml

They slipped the clutch on this M2 wrx and found out it was the best. Made it turn 0 to 60 in 4.4 sec!
Old Apr 7, 2003, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ink124

I'm no expert by any means, but, I was under the impression that the EVO VIII tranny is the same "bulletproof" tranny that's been in use in the older generations. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
You are correct sir. As a matter of fact the Evo has been around longer than the WRX. This is just the first to come the US, but it still has the "bulletproof" tranny like the JDMs.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 06:33 PM

lol nice vid man i swear at first i thought i was my car b/c i have to same color tassel gold/purple lol. Nice launch cant wait until i launch mine
yea that viper was cheesefrog he lives in houston i saw his civic pretty crazy!!!!!