Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gas has been sitting.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Gas has been sitting.

Well I had my car parked over the winter while I worked on it for about 6 months. Well I didnt think about it when I parked it but I have about 3/4 tank of gas in it. Should I add something to the tank since the gas has been sitting that long before I drive it? Its to much gas to just siphon out. I was thinking about maybe adding some octane boost or race gas till that tank is gone.

What do you guys think? Is 6 months that long for gas to be sitting? I was planning on taking it easy and not boosting much till the tank is gone but is that even safe? Thanks for any advice.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stay off the boost and drive it normal.. youll be fine.. unless it was real cheap gas you had in there.. then just fill it up now with 93..
Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is many different ideas on this. It is wise if you are going to let the car sit put a full tank of fuel in it so that no or very little water can enter. 6 months you will be fine, just dont go trying to race everyone. if the fuel loses some octane the ECU should se knock and retard the timing.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was planning on staying off the gas but was just wondering if there was anything else I should do. Thanks for the help.