Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Water under the carpet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006 | 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoIXPilot
Those who had these problems, did the dealership took care of it or did it happen again?
My dealership had my car for 3 days over a weekend, sprayed water all over it and tried to locate the leak but didn't have any luck. They applied sealer to several spots and cleaned and dried the car out. I got the car back clean and dry but since they had it, it has leaked during a few storms again but not nearly as bad as when I left it with them to be looked at/fixed.

I can pretty much see that the leak is slow at this point and comes from somewhere on the firewall and under the firewall padding and under the carpet. When I crawl under the dash on the passengers side I can feel the moisture when I stick my hand onto the firewall. I can't exactly detect where the water comes from though. I'd like to get it resolved but I don't trust that the dealership will find or remedy the problem as they couldn't solve it the first time.

I'm confident I could find/solve the issue between myself and a good friend who is a competent mechanic BUT I'd like to have some suggestions as to where Exactly to look on the firewall from someone who has solved this same issue?

Any and all help is appreciated. And it's absolutely Not the AC overflow like for the 2003's because this happens when I haven't used the AC and leaks when the car just sits still on a mild incline with the nose uphill. I don't have huge accumulation like before but it still does get damp in any rain storm.

Otherwise the car is flawless. But this little BS is getting more and more annoying as time goes on.
Old Nov 16, 2006 | 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

This info is scary to say the least.....I mean......who the hell would expect so many 35K cars to leak.....and 2 inches of water isnt a small leak, that is crazy.....i'd be pissed to say the least and Mitsu should definitely be looking at financial damages for all of those affected. I mean when there is that much water, the carpet, the floorpan, any number of electrical problems can arise......