Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Modded Evo 8: What will it take to beat GT3s and C6 Z06s on the race track?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2006, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, all kidding aside, most of the time, Z06's are no joke, when driven to the limit, there are few cars which can compare.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you are in Vegas you NEED to talk to "nils". Search for his user name, check out his car. He whoops up on a fair number of Vipers and other super cars. But he has all the right stuff done to his car.

If you want to keep up with a GT3 on Motons... you need Motons, and at least 275 RA1's or Hoosiers. That's a fair amount of cash right there.

Powerwise I would start at the full bolt on level, which will run around $3500-$4000.

For $10K on the right parts you can keep up with the big boys. But I agree that 500 whp on pump gas is out of the question. On a little 2 liter you need to run race gas to make real power, so plan on it. And I would shoot for 400 to the wheels and removing a fair amount of weight from the car. Are you willing to run it with no interior?

Again, search for nils. See if you can check out his car. He does exactly what you are looking to do.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:14 PM

ok, so let me get the facts right

1. u never driven a z06.
u r comparing a ride in one with a diff driver then driving one.
2. ur evo can actually hold about 10 mph more around the sharper corners than a Z06
But the law of science tell me otherwise "15GR=MPH2", U must been pulling around 1.5G in ur evo.

u win, i lose.

Bottom line is any car can beat a z06 or gt3 on the track if u put money into it. but 99% won’t.

BTW, u r from the east. do u know what car holds the fastest time in Pocono? Last time I check it was a z06, not an evo.

Hope I didnt hurt ur feelings Alonso . But u know I have love for u,

Originally Posted by scorke
I have gone from driving in my EVO to riding shotgun in a Z06 literally back to back on the same track on the same day, my thoughts were, damn tq tq tq, wow your car pulls hard above 120, wow my car can actually hold about 10 mph more around the sharper corners than your car, my car can brake much deeper than your car, my car is cheaper and faster, those were pretty much the exact thoughts.

Last edited by touge300; Mar 29, 2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Z06's are great cars, but don't sell the Evo short. On a tight track, the Z would have a tuff time with an Evo, stock for stock.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evilution310
Seriously contact John Mueller at www.roadracechassis.com Kents been killing race vipers for some time and has set several track records. No body is faster then them at the track right now and its all with a modded evo still stock ecu using a safc. That car isnt making 500whp either.
Listen to the man. RRE ownz.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by touge300
ok, so let me get the facts right

1. u never driven a z06.
u r comparing a ride in one with a diff driver then driving one.
2. ur evo can actually hold about 10 mph more around the sharper corners than a Z06
But the law of science tell me otherwise "15GR=MPH2", U must been pulling around 1.5G in ur evo.

u win, i lose.

Bottom line is any car can beat a z06 or gt3 on the track if u put money into it. but 99% won’t.

BTW, u r from the east. do u know what car holds the fastest time in Pocono? Last time I check it was a z06, not an evo.

Hope I didnt hurt ur feelings Alonso . But u know I have love for u,

1.I have driven one just not on track. I cannot comment to your second statement because I cannot understand your broken english.

2. Add coilovers, sway bars, r compounds, bigger wheels to a stock evo's max lateral g's and i am sure you would be decently over 1G, but if you are so brilliant you do the math and figure out what the extra contact patch would yield in terms of cornering speeds.

3.Yes I am from the east, if you would be so kind to see me where you found that the z06 owns the track record, and that an evo has even competed here maybe I can take your statement with some sort of credit what soever.

4. Don't hate, I'm sorry if the fact that I actually race wheel to wheel is intimidating to you because you feel the need to try to attack me.

5. Why don't you share your credentials with us, or do you have nothing to show?

Scorke
Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

well touge, I cant prove spring leaf suspensions are better than the coil set-up, but since no on-road race car, sport car, or even most passenger cars out there uses it...I am making a wild assumption that it is inferior to the coil set up.

I have never driven the z06 but almost every car review Ive seen, from car and driver to Top Gear, complained about its handling dynamics.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:06 PM

So what did u have to show in the motorsports world again Alonso?
Which cup did u win again?
Anyone can complete, but to win is another story.

I am sorry but I am more of a autox guy, is no fun going into the same turn over and over again. Besides, I dont have money for tires every race weekend.

Y dont u complete in the national in STU this yr. Maybe then u will understand more where I am coming from.

And sorry for my bad english. But is my second lang. I would like to see u speak broken german. That would be a funny site. I am sure u will do much worst.

BTW, do ur own homework. I am not ur mommy and i cant show u everything.
Hint: The person driving the z06 is white. lol

Last edited by touge300; Mar 29, 2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

At Motor Sport ranch, which is a tight course 1.7 miles long a C6 Z06 with a good driver will run 1:20's stock, a stock evo will be lucky to run 1:28's with a good driver. 8 seconds is a lifetime on a track. I have this same goal also because my Dad own's a new Z06 and I'd love nothing better than to beat him. I'm just counting on him not being a good driver because he's never road raced before, and I'll have alot of power over a stock evo. Good luck with your goal, but unless the C6 Zo6 driver sucks I don't think you'll do it without at least spending 15k on your car. You'll need better brakes, coilovers, good rubber, and at least 460 whp to stand a chance I think. Even still, the vette will have a better power to wieght ratio.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
about 15g's
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

What do I have to show for my results in motorsports, if you really want I can do some digging and get you the offical results of how I did regionally and nationally in karting but I really think thats besides the point. Biggest thing I won was the Regional SuperKartsUSA ICA title for the liberty region, which is basically the entire NorthEast, comprimised of NJ/PA/NT/VA/NH/CT/MA/RI.

Don't be sorry for being an autocross guy, be sorry for being an assshole about assuming what I have and have not done, and thinking that you know more about a situation then you do. You keep questioning, or mocking what I have or haven't done, but your really just coming across as a dick, I have nothing to prove to you, but if you keep on mocking me, I would hope you have something to back up all your smack talk.

I have autocrossed my car, and frankly I don't think beating the **** out of my car for 30 seconds at a time is any fun, thats my own personal opinion. Yeah we might go around the same corner multiple times, but **** so do autocrossers, just you have to wait 10 minutes between chances....If you think roadracing is lame, go get a national competition liscence and race wheel to wheel with over 40 cars starting at the same time, all prepared to extremely close specifications, and maybe you will understand where I am coming from.

Scorke

Touge- im still waiting for you to let all of evom how you have done competing in your evo or whatever imaginary race vehicle you see yourself competing in? I ask this because I get the sense you have no to little experience with motorsports at any sort of competitive level.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
The FQ-400 is about $90k USD, though.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the conversion is not applicable here. I know a guy from Britain who told me that cars are a lot more expensive in Britain than they are here. For example, he told me that a new Corvette costs about 50,000 pounds in the UK. They're about $50,000 here in the US. For some reason the traditional conversion is not applicable when it comes to imports. I'm guessing that the UK tacks on a lot of taxes which drives the price way up. So if this guy is correct, an FQ-400 would be about $40-45K here in the states.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:22 PM

I guess I **** someone off. lol. sorry. I will stop now before I make u cry.

so 1:04 in limerock in a spec miata is consider fast?

Last edited by touge300; Mar 29, 2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by mathgeek
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the conversion is not applicable here. I know a guy from Britain who told me that cars are a lot more expensive in Britain than they are here. For example, he told me that a new Corvette costs about 50,000 pounds in the UK. They're about $50,000 here in the US. For some reason the traditional conversion is not applicable when it comes to imports. I'm guessing that the UK tacks on a lot of taxes which drives the price way up. So if this guy is correct, an FQ-400 would be about $40-45K here in the states.
As a general rule, whatever the price in pounds in England will be the price in dollars in the US.

40,000 quid is roughly equal to 40,000 bucks.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:35 PM

Listen everyone Alonso here is the Regional SuperKartsUSA ICA title for the liberty region, which is basically the entire NorthEast, comprimised of NJ/PA/NT/VA/NH/CT/MA/RI. So dont even think about u know more then him!!!! is not possible.

Last edited by touge300; Mar 29, 2006 at 05:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Modded Evo 8: What will it take to beat GT3s and C6 Z06s on the race track?