Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

dealer did not pay off my old car !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STIkiller, besides paying WAY too much for Gap insurance, everything else looks good. I am sure they had every intention of paying off you're vehicle. Good luck with everything!
Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by EvoTio
Same thing happened to me when I bought my 03 from Santa Monica Mitsubishi several years ago. I traded in my old car and they were supposed to pay it off right away. About a month later I get a failure of payment notice from my credit union for my old car. I find out that those pieces of Sh%t never paid it off. I also find out that the dealership had sold my old car the very next day I traded it in! That was only a series of crap they pulled on me. Boy, I sure learned alot from that buying experience.
Funny you mention that, as I had the same problem with santa monica mitsubishi when I bought my ralliart. 2weeks later my credit union sent me my car payment saying I owe them and I no longer had the car! I call my credit union and told them that I sold the car 2weeks ago, I have a new car, so with there help and mine, I called santa monica mitsu everyday till it got resolve. It took something like 2months, but they finally paid it off.

To the thread starter, read YOUR contract FIRST. Also, don't ask us in this sitution, I didn't jump to evoM when I was in the same boat, I called my credit union and the mitsubishi dealership and got it resolved.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:25 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8rcr
thats why I bought from a good dealer south coast mitsu sucks man good luck getting your stuff resolved before your credit score goes down too much
good dealer=south coast
other mitsu dealer=sucks

... is that what you wanted to convey?
Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

actually i just found out they charged me TWICE for GAP [which i canceled] and vehicle replacement, that makes some sense, im going to make the 1 hr and 30 min drive up to monmonth nj to get my check, and hopefully the other half which is unexplained is sorted out, but nevertheless, these guys tried to scam, and they lie, and cheat people. this is FACT and not opinion, so take it for what it is worth.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

There was a dealer in boise here that went out of business for this same issue. they would take a car in on trade on a friday night, and have it sold by sunday. the customer who had traded the car in purchased a new one from the dealer on a quoted interest rate, but once the banks opened monday, they couldn't get qualified for the rate, and they were demanding their car back and nullifying the deal, only their trade in was already sold. a dealer has to sit on a trade until the financing is complete and the title is released here. if you go behind the lots, they all have a dozen or so cars waiting for title/paperwork to clear. all of our contracts here in idaho are written that the dealership has 14 days to get your financing approved at the rate that they quote, but it's only a quote since it's based on your credit. if they can't get you the financing you agree to, then you have the right to cancel the contract, and entitled to your trade back. might want to check with the laws in your state, as I am sure most are different. the dealership here went out of business and a huge lawsuit started, however I believe that some people were left holding the bag and had to pay additional fees on cars that they had sold..

good luck and keep on it...
Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

what dealership is this?
Old Mar 30, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

this thread is going to have to wat for a few days till the OP gets back from his timeout for using name calling and cursing....
Old Mar 30, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting read in the latest car and driver mag. on a dealership selling a new suv to a lady.
people may think that dealers are out to "screw" people, but you can only be taken for as much as you let them take you. all the numbers when purchasing a car are on the contract.. I think people get so wrapped up into the payment that they don't look at what the car is actually costing nor what has been added into the financing.....

don't get me wrong, I'm not defending any dealers, but all they are doing is presenting an offer and a contract, we are acutally signing and agreeing to everything..
Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's easy, tell the dealer to pay it off or tell the leinholder to not release the title. Now you have a stolen car that was stolen by the dealership. You get the car back and end up buying the new one for what 9 grand? Sounds like a win win for you.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 09:57 PM

Well, the lienholder won't release the title until the car IS paid off. I agree with you 100% Sandm, it is up to you to read and understand what you are signing. It is the same with buying a house, what a pain!
Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

THis sucks, but you must hold the dealer accountable. Most (not all but the majority) of dealers are a little shady. Customer service...what's that? They don't care about their customers and will try to charge as much as they possibly can for a higher profit. Then they start trying to talk over your head about finanacing. It is up to YOU to go in with the knowledge you need to buy a car and stick it to the dealer if they start to screw you. I dealt with a suby dealer for my used evo and they totally hosed me. My own fault, but they did everything in their power to get as much money from me as possible, including blatantly lying to my face with a smile and a handshake. Until customers start getting smarter the dealers will continue this trend. Sucks, but the truth!
Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blonde
this thread is going to have to wat for a few days till the OP gets back from his timeout for using name calling and cursing....
With all due respect, unless some of his posts were deleted, stikilllers comments wasn't any worse than anything we see in other threads. Is something going on here?
Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Now, what happened, why was that guy's account disabled? He has a very legitimate problem and he came here for advice. What's going on here?
Old Mar 31, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
With all due respect, unless some of his posts were deleted, stikilllers comments wasn't any worse than anything we see in other threads. Is something going on here?
Censorship!!
Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SinisterEVO
Censorship!!
You are on a privately owned site... censorship (in this context) applies to some sort of freedom of expression taken away in a free environment. You sir are participating on a board owned by a person who can decide at will what he will, and will not allow. There is no loss of privilege where there was none in the first place. Play by the POSTED rules, or don't play at all.

Last edited by Zeus; Mar 31, 2006 at 08:07 AM.

Quick Reply: dealer did not pay off my old car !!!!!