Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you think the dealership will take?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hk2ronin
Another thing is you might get audited because anything over 10,000 cash allows the irs to audit you.
The key word is cash. Any cash transaction of that magnitude must be reported to the IRS by the dealer. Writing a check for that amount or larger, or for the entire amount is perfectly legal and won't raise suspicion. I doubt any Mitsu dealers will turn down a deal because of too large a downpayment or a complete payment up front.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see you're in Colorado, but what dealership are you looking at? I know Phil Long Mitsu in the Springs has a IX MR that they're selling for $40k and they NEVER budge on their prices for the Evos. I say you'd be better off ordering one and having it delivered. I wish I had known about South Coast a couple weeks ago...
Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, wow, I didn't notice he was in CO. Hey, both of you need to come join up at RMEvo.com .
Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yes, man, keep up with the times. People are buying those damn SouthCoast Evos like hotcakes, because the prices are retardedly low. The list the MR at $31,999. I wasn't telling you to go there to get a regular IX.

Cost to ship is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned when you get the thing for 5k under MSRP and 3k under invoice. Depends on where you live, but maybe $1k to ship?
It was $1345 using Dependable Auto Shippers from Los Angeles to Portland, OR, door to door service - had my MR here in 5 days. CO is a little further and has those mountain things that get in the way, so it might be a little more. You can also do terminal to terminal, which is cheaper but means you have to get to the shipping terminal to pick up your car. Mark can have it dropped off at their LA terminal for you, though.

-Bis
Old Mar 30, 2006, 08:57 PM

Ive been to the dealership that is in Denver. It was a honda and mitsubishi place that was combined. They were asking the Suggested Retail price which was 36K. What part of California is this dealership at? Because California is only a 2day drive and i would rather drive up there and not spend the money to have it shipped. Then i would get to drive it back . Does anyone have the number or email to this dealership? And what group did you want me to join since i live in colorado?