Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you think the dealership will take?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2006 | 02:47 PM

Do you think the dealership will take?

I have been on this site before, i dont know if people remember me? Anyways, i am looking to purchase an Evo IX MR. I know that currently some other buyers have purchased their evo mr, around 34 35K. Here is the question, i have 7 thousand in the bank already, in the next 5 months i will have a total of 15 thousand dollers, by my calculations. If i offered a dealership 30 or 31K do you think that they would say no to a 15 thousand dollar downpayment? Remember that money talks? Just curious if you guys think that i could get one that cheap?
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

nope, not unless they were really trying to unload it, its hard enough to find an MR invoice on an MR is already 34 so u want it over 3000 below invoice? or even more off if you were talking about out the door price
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

I think it will never happen. there's a local dealer still trying to get 25k+ for an 05 RS, and it's been on their lot for a year and a half...
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 02:59 PM

What do you think that i should try to get out of the dealership. What is reasonable to ask for? And dont you think that 5 months down the road the price may drop a little?
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

no if anything the price will stay the same as the run of IX's is ending before to long to prepare for the release of the X in 08 (per previous threads). I don't know what they go for in CO, but I would expect to pay somewhere around MSRP-1000 or so.
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Having a big downpayment doesn't have any affect on the purchase price. They don't care if you have 15k or 15 cents. In fact, the less you finance, the less they can make on interest if you finance through them, so it can be a deterrent. Prices on MRs won't go down much if at all, and I doubt they'll sell 3-4 below invoice for no reason. Just buy yours from South Coast Mitsu for 31,999 and have it shipped to you.
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Having a big downpayment doesn't have any affect on the purchase price. They don't care if you have 15k or 15 cents. In fact, the less you finance, the less they can make on interest if you finance through them, so it can be a deterrent.
This is true.

If you really want to know if they'll do it or not go in there and and put it on paper and ask them.
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 03:14 PM

If i did go to south coast mitsubishi, what do you think the cost would be to ship. And they sell their MR's for 31? I am looking for an MR not a regular IX.
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVSti
What do you think that i should try to get out of the dealership. What is reasonable to ask for? And dont you think that 5 months down the road the price may drop a little?
price will still not go that far below invoice, i agree with warr either get one from south coast or ask them to match the south coast price as it is already below invoice. if they sold it any cheaper they would just be losing a lot of money.
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

If i did go to south coast mitsubishi, what do you think the cost would be to ship. And they sell their MR's for 31? I am looking for an MR not a regular IX.
Yes, man, keep up with the times. People are buying those damn SouthCoast Evos like hotcakes, because the prices are retardedly low. The list the MR at $31,999. I wasn't telling you to go there to get a regular IX.

Cost to ship is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned when you get the thing for 5k under MSRP and 3k under invoice. Depends on where you live, but maybe $1k to ship?
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

If they're selling IX's at that much of a discount you should jump all over it...that is an unbelievable deal!
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

OMG, makes me wanna trade my VIII, nah, nvm, i love my VIII
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

From Costa Mesa, CA were South Coast is to Jacksonville FL (terminal to terminal) was $766 for me. Not bad considering that is the typical "dealer fee" that the stealerships around here try to force down your throat!

Check out the "March Madness" thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=187546

Mark said they had one MR left (Rally Red) but that was on Tuesday. They get their next shipment in mid April (~17th I believe).
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

they might not take that much cash. Depends on dealership I know a guy who offered an audi dealer 25,000 in cash and they didnt take it. Another thing is you might get audited because anything over 10,000 cash allows the irs to audit you. But if your money is legit they might take it. I guess it all depends on the dealership.
Old Mar 30, 2006 | 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

South Coast seem unbeatable I've called a number of TX dealerships and they aren't willing to touch within a grand of South Coasts prices

Quick Reply: Do you think the dealership will take?