Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Might have to sell Evo.....:(

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sell your kidney.....your really only need one of those anyway. Better yet and less painfull, sell your plasma. A friend of mine did it and it usually pays about 2 to3 hundred dollars a month.

Last edited by milo; Mar 31, 2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

i would say go with another choice of car.... in the end just remember you still driving a neon no matter how fast it is....
Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:32 PM

The SRT-4 is not a bad lookin car, and has good performance potential. It's better to own a car you can afford, then have a car that owns you. When you do make enough money, you can buy another EVO. GL
Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

I'd buy about a dozen other cars before buying a neon-SRT4..... :bleh:
Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont listen to the haters....dont strap yourself for a car....its not worth it...and if your short on money i dont think buying a modded car is the way to go...once something breaks its going to cost you a lot of money to fix...so that defeats the purpose...i would get a stock one if i were you. low miles newer for the price. part of the fun of buying a turbo car is picking the parts urself and working on it...whats the fun in buying something thats already 500hp

good luck
Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ur driving the car for you not some1 else....and youll have plenty other srt4 friends, since some poeple here will turn their back on ya....and on the highway...the srt4 is fast as hell...
Old Apr 1, 2006, 02:16 AM
Evolved Member

Why dont sell the evo and then buy a new srt-4? Last time I checked (couple weeks ago), they were selling srt-4's new at the dealership for like 20k OTD. Alot of people hate the srt-4, but it's the fastest car you can get for the price. They're not that bad at all once you get over the torque steer and wheel hop. however I've heard the wheel hop can be fixed with some inserts for the motor mounts (or something to that effect). Also, it's a car you can beat on and not feel bad about

BTW: Something that I've noticed... Everyone always talks **** about SRT-4's and say "They're just Neons, they're gay"... But when they lose to one it's always "holy **** it was'nt a Neon, it was an SRT-4! Those are fast as fudge!".... Everyone says it's just a neon until they lose to one, then they'll swear on their lives that it's not just a neon, it's an srt-4. I dont understand why people get so worked up about on these kinda issues. I've noticed people get mad when they refer to Evo's as Lancers. It's always "IT'S NOT A LANCER, IT'S AN EVO!!" The way I see it, wether it's srt-4, evo, sti... if a manufacturer made a good car, then they made a good car. The fact that Dodge made one that's affordable to almost anyone, stuck it in a neon body, and can hang with evo's and sti's or even beat them with less money spent seems to bother you guys alot. The reason I dont like it is because it's just not my taste and the interior seems really cheap... but hell, an Evo's interior is'nt exactly top notch quality either... A good car is a good car. Who cares. They perform. I dont see why it's such a big deal. Congratulations if you get one though. However, i'd probally still stay away from modded ones.

Last edited by PANGES; Apr 1, 2006 at 02:34 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

SRT4's are nice, and that looks really good. they are monsters on the freeway, dont expect traction even stock =O! so with that big turbo your going to be spinning starting in 3rd on high boost.

my friend on stock turbo spins the tires in 2nd running 17 psi. if you like roll racing, you'll be a god from 70+, i bet you spin @ 60 a little... lol.

GOOD LUCK =)! i like evo's more but srt4's are very respectable!
Old Apr 1, 2006, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

There are better things in life than being "car poor".

If the Neon works for you, then do it.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

If that is an upgraded turbo, it is the stage 3 from Mopar (dodge). It is reliable and sometimes Dodge even warranties them depending on where you go. The only aftermarket (which one really isn't aftermarket since mopar is dodge) turbos that are internally wastegated is the Stage 3, and Hahn racecraft 16g, 20g. I can tell you though from the pic that it is either stage 3 or stock, because it has the mopar BOV on it. So just to give you a heads up make sure the dealership isn't BSing you and do your info on it, because that looks like it can be the stock turbo (since there is no difference appearance-wise between stock or stage 3). If it is the Stage 3 (not stock), this is what it comes with. The SRT that ran the 10.8 had the Stage 3 kit on it just in case you're worried about potential. Another way to check if it is Stage 3, most of them time people get it with the turbo toys (added option which includes IC sparayer which is a blue button, High octane mode-red button, in-cabin boost controller, which is a dial), so look in between the rear defroster button, and the cigarette lighter thing. If there is a bunch of buttons there, and it does have an upgraded turbo than it is the Stage 3 w/toys. Becareful though because you can get these buttons for the stock turbo also which would be the stage 2 with toys. I'm just trying to help you in identifying what's really on the car.

http://www.mopar.com/street/products_srt4_stage3.htm

P.S. If you do get it take off the mopar BOV (blue plate with holes bolted on the bottom the turbo in 2nd pic) It's pointless, and just there for noise, ditch it put a blockoff plate on there with some IC pipes (roughly $200, all you really need is coldside) if you can, and put a real BOV on there. If i still had my IC pipes I'd give them to you but I just got rid of them. If you need anymore help let me know.

Last edited by SRT-TO-EVO; Apr 1, 2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Oh and for those who say "it's just a neon, it's a POS" grow up. For what it is it's a great car. It may be no evo but it sure holds it's own, and if you're not careful enough can bite you in the *** on the highway if you run into one. TRUST ME, I BEAT THE **** OUT OF MINE AND NEVER HAD ONE PART BREAK (look at the power I made). The engine is tough as hell (can handle about 550), and the tranny is even better (modified truck transmission). Basically whatever you throw at it, it will take.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

hey man u have to do what u have to do. I think the evo will make u happier but its not worth being in debt. I am currently working my but off at 2 jobs just 2 make ends meet and have cam to the same conclusion that i will have to sell also. But once i get out of debt and have paid some bills off i will by a new 9 and hold it down the right way. SELL AND SAVE!!!!
Old Apr 1, 2006, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Man, good luck. That's cool u guys have to work ur butts off for an evo... It almost felt like I was the only one busting my butt for one... Everyone around where I live that I've talked to with an evo around my age just had it given to them from their parents... so lame..
Old Apr 1, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigfishs
Sell the evo, buy a beater, urinate on the neon, save for an IX

Problem solved
+++1111
Old Apr 1, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

one of my buddies has an srt-4 and that thing can sure haul @$$. and liek everyone is saying, is not an evo, but hell it sure can compete. if you wanna see a real srt-4 then check this out. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2167607

Quick Reply: Might have to sell Evo.....:(