Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Might have to sell Evo.....:(

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just saw on abc evening news about a mexican immigrant couple that collected cans(no other job) on the streets and allys of la(8 million cans to be exact) to put their kids through college(one of them went to mit). So if once illegal immigrants can put their kids though college and raise a family with the money made collecting cans then you can certainly keep your evo if you want. Where theres a will theres a way. By the way the cans weren't returned for the .5 cents but to a aluminum scrapper which pays more than .5 cents if you were wondering.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Neons suck, and I am Drunk.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
If that is an upgraded turbo, it is the stage 3 from Mopar (dodge). It is reliable and sometimes Dodge even warranties them depending on where you go. The only aftermarket (which one really isn't aftermarket since mopar is dodge) turbos that are internally wastegated is the Stage 3, and Hahn racecraft 16g, 20g. I can tell you though from the pic that it is either stage 3 or stock, because it has the mopar BOV on it. So just to give you a heads up make sure the dealership isn't BSing you and do your info on it, because that looks like it can be the stock turbo (since there is no difference appearance-wise between stock or stage 3). If it is the Stage 3 (not stock), this is what it comes with. The SRT that ran the 10.8 had the Stage 3 kit on it just in case you're worried about potential. Another way to check if it is Stage 3, most of them time people get it with the turbo toys (added option which includes IC sparayer which is a blue button, High octane mode-red button, in-cabin boost controller, which is a dial), so look in between the rear defroster button, and the cigarette lighter thing. If there is a bunch of buttons there, and it does have an upgraded turbo than it is the Stage 3 w/toys. Becareful though because you can get these buttons for the stock turbo also which would be the stage 2 with toys. I'm just trying to help you in identifying what's really on the car.

http://www.mopar.com/street/products_srt4_stage3.htm

P.S. If you do get it take off the mopar BOV (blue plate with holes bolted on the bottom the turbo in 2nd pic) It's pointless, and just there for noise, ditch it put a blockoff plate on there with some IC pipes (roughly $200, all you really need is coldside) if you can, and put a real BOV on there. If i still had my IC pipes I'd give them to you but I just got rid of them. If you need anymore help let me know.
Hey thanks for the help!!!!! Great info!!!!!! I'm still working on my numbers but it seems I'm still spending more than taking in....
Old Apr 1, 2006, 06:10 PM

Hey - I understand the no money thing but a high performance car of any knid EATS CUBIC DOLLARS! If you really want to save money by a Honda or some such.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

I know this is far from the SRT-4 but it's in my price range and I can get it new......... HERE

By by turbo.........

Last edited by EvoRhodeIsland; Apr 1, 2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

if you buy the srt you'll regret trying to cruise with all the windows down like you could in the evo and if it has been heavily modded it has been heavily abused like a hooker in las vegas
Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoRhodeIsland
I know this is far from the SRT-4 but it's in my price range and I can get it new......... HERE

By by turbo.........
I saw those they really are cheap and not bad but uh they only make them in 4 bangers and are heavy and very weak I was thinking of trading in my other car not my evo for it til I realized that
Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8rcr
I saw those they really are cheap and not bad but uh they only make them in 4 bangers and are heavy and very weak I was thinking of trading in my other car not my evo for it til I realized that
Yeah but did you see the SRT edition???? Not out yet but you might likey....

Click HERE
Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah but did you see the SRT edition???? Not out yet but you might likey....

Click HERE
no I didn't interesting I wonder if it has power windows maybe I will trade in my jeep I need something to tow my toys around though
Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8rcr
no I didn't interesting I wonder if it has power windows maybe I will trade in my jeep I need something to tow my toys around though
Yeah that option is availible on the regular Caliber so it must be standard on the SRT version.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah that option is availible on the regular Caliber so it must be standard on the SRT version.
very interesting but it doesn't have a price yet so it could be like the lancer at 15k and the evo at 30k
Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

as long as your satisfied bro... go for it!
Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MREvo-bin
as long as your satisfied bro... go for it!
Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2006, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Having a nice car is great, but living comfortably feels a lot better. Goodluck!
Old Apr 1, 2006, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
If that is an upgraded turbo, it is the stage 3 from Mopar (dodge). It is reliable and sometimes Dodge even warranties them depending on where you go. The only aftermarket (which one really isn't aftermarket since mopar is dodge) turbos that are internally wastegated is the Stage 3, and Hahn racecraft 16g, 20g. I can tell you though from the pic that it is either stage 3 or stock, because it has the mopar BOV on it. So just to give you a heads up make sure the dealership isn't BSing you and do your info on it, because that looks like it can be the stock turbo (since there is no difference appearance-wise between stock or stage 3). If it is the Stage 3 (not stock), this is what it comes with. The SRT that ran the 10.8 had the Stage 3 kit on it just in case you're worried about potential. Another way to check if it is Stage 3, most of them time people get it with the turbo toys (added option which includes IC sparayer which is a blue button, High octane mode-red button, in-cabin boost controller, which is a dial), so look in between the rear defroster button, and the cigarette lighter thing. If there is a bunch of buttons there, and it does have an upgraded turbo than it is the Stage 3 w/toys. Becareful though because you can get these buttons for the stock turbo also which would be the stage 2 with toys. I'm just trying to help you in identifying what's really on the car.

http://www.mopar.com/street/products_srt4_stage3.htm

P.S. If you do get it take off the mopar BOV (blue plate with holes bolted on the bottom the turbo in 2nd pic) It's pointless, and just there for noise, ditch it put a blockoff plate on there with some IC pipes (roughly $200, all you really need is coldside) if you can, and put a real BOV on there. If i still had my IC pipes I'd give them to you but I just got rid of them. If you need anymore help let me know.
From the looks of it, it's still running the stock wastegate, so I doubt it's the Stage 3. Looks like they just zip tied off some lines and pulled the heatshield off the turbo.

Quick Reply: Might have to sell Evo.....:(