Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Barely more than a month old...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Barely more than a month old...

Got my first dent today. Driver's side rear door. Skateboard.

For the love of god, if you are not good enough to olly down a small set of steps next to someone's brand new Evo. Don't f**king do it. Kid sat there and lied to me.

I had my last car for 4 years, auto-x, track and daily use without a single ding. This pisses me off.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

End rant-
Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should of spanked that kid
Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

should have hit him with the skateboard and put a dent in him
Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:20 PM
Former Sponsor

i ran over my sisters board after she scratch one of my rims on my last car. no thats not over reacting..they were 19x9 hre's....when she got her new board she never skateboarded in the drive again...
Old Apr 2, 2006, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

I feel for you. I was obssessive about my Evo when I first bought it. However, I knew full well that the pristine exterior wouldn't last. Sure enough, I have multiple chips, more than a few door dings, and a lovely star on my windshield from an errant rock. And check this out. Last weekend I was in San Francisco and I had to park overnight on a really steep-assed hill (89 degree incline - swear). I got up the next morning and a beat up Honda Civic had parked in front of me leaving 1/32nd of an inch clearance between his rear bumper and my front bumper. He actually had backed into me while squeezing in (sigh). But at least the inside of my car is perfect.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

I would have ran over his board or taken it to sell for the dent repair costs.

How bad is the dent? Chipped paint?

I've got a great dent repair guy here in the Huntington Beach area. I've seen the owner repair hits so bad you'd think you'd have to literally replace the whole body panel. If you look around, i'm sure there is a good dent repair guy in your area.

The thing that sucks is you'll probably end up dropping $100 for the dent if its not too bad.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have taken the skateboard and whacked him over the head with it and then laugh out loud as he cried...
Old Apr 2, 2006, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

hah, you should see what my paint looks like.....looks like I took sand paper to the wheel wells...I have a nice stone chip/dent on my hood, and my wing is peeling like no tommorow.

But you know what? I can make that sucker go so fast you'd never see it anyway =)
Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

hahahaha--- FAWK ----hahahaha

I spoke too soon. Skateboard left two small dings in the door, no paint chipped, not even a scratch. Scratches and rock chips I am fine with, dings **** me off.

So, back to speaking too soon

Went with a few friends to Tidewater Park in Havre De Grace, MD. Some JACKNUT driving a pickup with the tailgate down hit my hood with the corner of the tailgate while parallel parking. It ain't too bad, but again, ding and paint scratched... just a little. Could be worse, and could pass as a nasty rock chip.

On the way back from the park, did a light-to-light with a friend, slipped and overheated the clutch... now at idle there is a bit of clutch chatter.

Bad day for the car. I am fully prepared for incidental damage from the hwy and the track, but today was just stupid.

The kid with the skateboard. Some time in the early eighties I got my first skateboard. I rode until I was about 24. I understand accidents happen, but if you aren't good enough to not mess someone elses car up, don't do it, if you make a mistake, just have the ***** to say I am sorry. The kid that did wouldn't even look at me and his friend was actively trying to **** me off. I guess 6 teenagers are always going to feel tougher, smarter and whittier than 1 old guy who "used to" ride. I told them they better go before the cops come to take the police report for insurance. I didn't want to be "that guy" and start a lecture. My etnies and amount of tattoos gave me away.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:13 PM

You should've taken his board and heelflipped the stairs...
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

There are a bunch of kids who live next door to me who always skate. Luckly my street is slanted so they skate downhill away from my car, but I found a dent in my Legacy, and I swear I know it was those kids. They even sometimes sit on my car when they take a break. I go outside and start screaming at them to get the eff off my car before I take their skateboards and break them with my car.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mathgeek
...He actually had backed into me while squeezing in (sigh). But at least the inside of my car is perfect.

You'd be surprised how many people don't mind bumping people's cars when parrallel parking. Some people do it like you're supposed to or something.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Is it Ding King fixable?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

if it is not to big of a dent
lookup dent wizard they can fix most dents