Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Megan Racing TBE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr.SS-

Are you running that Hallman set @ 22 psi w/o a tune? That could be dangerous..
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Looks great. My boy has a megan on his Type-S. Sounds good.

Off the subject but you should photoshop your plates Its a good way for theives or to find your car and take your stuff.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:59 AM

Agreed. Great exhaust. I put a Helix HFC as it was a little too loud for me, but I still had great results. Here's a post of my dyno graph. Remember, this is from Gruppe-S' dyno. Stock '05's dyno at 210-215 there...

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TxEvo8
Dr.SS-

Are you running that Hallman set @ 22 psi w/o a tune? That could be dangerous..
yeah my sig is old, i have turned it down to 20 psi long ago, thanks for the heads up though.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

sweet, whats up with the "3 pod ricer guages" in the comments section LOL.!

Originally Posted by Liquid-R1
Agreed. Great exhaust. I put a Helix HFC as it was a little too loud for me, but I still had great results. Here's a post of my dyno graph. Remember, this is from Gruppe-S' dyno. Stock '05's dyno at 210-215 there...

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. SS
sweet, whats up with the "3 pod ricer guages" in the comments section LOL.!
Haha, when I went there, Mike had me fill out the form listing mods. I just put that in there for the hell of it. I didn't know he would actually put that in...
Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:35 AM
Account Disabled

Hahah I noticed that too ^ , figured the dyno guys were giving u **** or something. Thx for the info tho, Ill be looking for it to come out in apr-may.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Anybody who has installed this exhaust getting any rattles or vibrations? I helped my friend install megan catback this weekend and at around 10-15 mph he can feel a viberation in the driver seat.

The flanges on the exhaust do not have enough slack to make contact with the drive-shaft, the only possible place for contact would be the exhaust flanges near the fuel liner. I was wondering if anybody else ran into any rattles/etc. with this catback?

I think the solution is to fabricate extra hangers for the muffler, or hammer around the fuel liner until no contact can be made or put some sort of insulation around the flange.

Last edited by Doogie Howser; Apr 3, 2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

get underneath and take your fist and bang around and find out where its hitting. if its hitting the right rear floor board or around that area you might have to rotate the midpipe 180 degrees. does your rear pipe bracket hanger line up with the rubber hanger? pics would be helpful.

my catback was no where near the driveshaft

i did have a mild rattle under my center console, but it turned out that the heat shield that was overlying the original cat was bent down some and close to the front flange of my testpipe, one simple bend upwards and it was gone. at this point the whole turboback is rocksolid, i have taken fast turns, gone over bumpy roads, and all over the rpm band absolutely not a sound. other than the deep roar of the tbe.

Originally Posted by Doogie Howser
Anybody who has installed this exhaust getting any rattles or viberations? I helped my friend install megan catback this weekend and at around 10-15 mph he can feel a viberation in the driver seat.

The flanges on the exhaust do not have enough slack to make contact with the drive-shaft, the only possible place for contact would be the exhaust flanges near the fuel liner. I was wondering if anybody else ran into any rattles/etc. with this catback?

I think the solution is to fabricate extra hangers for the muffler, or hammer around the fuel liner until no contact can be made or put some sort of insulation around the flange.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

The catback lined up perfectly with both hangers, so after the fist test its hitting the fuel liner --> right rear floorboard...

After looking at the pics you posted, it looks like my midpipe does indeed need to be rotated 180 degrees so it can avoid rattling against the right rear floorboard area...

thanks

Last edited by Doogie Howser; Apr 3, 2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:39 PM

The catback lined up perfectly with both hangers, so after the fist test its hitting the fuel liner --> right rear floorboard...
If it's hitting the fuel liner, then the midpipe is probably off. The midpipe flanges are not parallel, so you can't just put it either way. On my TBE system, the mid pipe O2 sensor actually faces towards the drive shaft, not away. I had to get another O2 Bung installed since the HFC I was using doesn't have one it in as well. After that, make sure the rubber mount on the exhaust to the right of the hanger (looking from the rear of the car). The muffler tip should be centered at that point.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

is it full 3 inches no bottlenecks?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

02 sensor is on cat for IX's

I guess I had a mental slip but should have tried to rotate the flanges on the mid-pipe

Yes its 3 inches with no bottlenecks
Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Full 3", it even passed Al's (Dynoflash) bear can test.

Originally Posted by si_eater
is it full 3 inches no bottlenecks?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

02 sensor is on cat for IX's

I guess I had a mental slip but should have tried to rotate the flanges on the mid-pipe

Yes its 3 inches with no bottlenecks
thanks^

very nice lookin piece i may just pick one up do they one for IX MR

Quick Reply: Megan Racing TBE