Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone Installed a UK IX Spec Badge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone Installed a UK IX Spec Badge

Hey guys,

Yesterday was a good day in Jersey, so made use of it and de-badged my car. I would suggest if any of you Evo IX owners want to de-badge your car, do it when it is new, the badge came off real easy just with dental floss. I have a UK IX spec badge ready to be installed. Just wanted to know if anyone has installed one before and whether I should stick to installation instructions of an UK VIII badge, I am mainly concerned about the alignment rule, for VIII it is align the "T" with the center of the Mitsu symbol. Should I follow the same for the IX or is it different?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This person did:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=193272
Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The best thing to do is measure the center of your badge and align it to the center of your trunk. Use a level to make sure its not on an angle.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:01 AM

Yeah forget directions, measure it out, then lay down some guide tape, green stuff from auto parts store and level it up.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SqEvoVIII
Yeah forget directions, measure it out, then lay down some guide tape, green stuff from auto parts store and level it up.
A laser line level (like for hanging pictures) works well for this. I put one on a stool and adjusted it to the height I wanted and installed the Badge. Tape works too.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

A level will work fine, but only if your car is level. Rather than mess with that question, when I install mine, I will measure (again and again and again) from the bottom edge of the trunk lid upward, to figure out a true horizontal line relative to the car itself.

Also, I would not go by what that black Evo picture shows: As far as my ruler can tell with the distorted perspective, his badge is not centered on the decklid from side to side. There is more of the writing on the left side than the right. It would have been centered better, as far as I can tell, in the middle of the left arm of the crossbar of the T.

Last edited by Rod Munch; Apr 3, 2006 at 12:14 PM.