Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

dealer tried to pull a fast one!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer tried to pull a fast one!!!!!

ok guys i am in the process of doing fluid change on the viii i found 3bottles of bg syncroshift, and 4l can of mr diaqueen lsd gear fluid for 85.00 shipped!!! is this a good deal?an also i went to the dealer and they said they had diqueen in a 5gallon drum they told me oh yeah sure we got diaqueen just bring youre own containers.... yeah they bring out some gl4 75w-85w so i ask after paying 40 bucks is this diaqueen? and read the part number to him...his reply oh yes only to find out after i was walking to my car the mechanic said ..dude dont put that crap in your transfer/case we get alot of evos coming in on flat beds for this stuff its not diaqueen its mistu oil from valvoline and for the tranny they use castrol ...i then went back into the shop ask for a manger..mgr comes out i argue with him for about 20 min untill he finally tells me he will call the police if i dont leave..all i want is my money back for this so called diaqueen fluid...to make a long story short i got my money back walked out to my car by the GENERAL MGR..and was told to have a nice day that was my day sorry for the long thread just had to vent
Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it costs 50 bucks for a jug from lancershop. Thanks for the example why I like to do it myself. The cost of 220.00 to change it also deters me from going to the stealership.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

that is a stealership.
Account Disabled

I worked today. Anyways why didn't you just politely tell them what their tech said. They would have to listen to that.
Evolving Member

run away as fast as you can, btw what dealership was this
Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like the typical a-hole dealers.

How about posting the dealer's name?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

gillman ... so is that a good price for bg,and diaqueen?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

i dont understand why people hassle themselves by going to dealers.

i love the internet and credit cards.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

mach evo has it in stock right now...i just ordered some in time to put it in this weekend
Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

maybe thats why so many tc are going because they are not putting daiqueen in when you get the car serviced. Thats why I did it myself, that and to save the money.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

local dealer in vegas sold me a gal of diaqueen for $49.00
Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:12 PM

i used to work at a honda dealer. the people at the dealer are men and women just like you and i. they are not robots. when we get an attitude, we give it right back, agreed? the service writer, parts guy and managers always stick together when in an argument with a customer. if the first words out you'r mouth is "hey! you guys screwed me. i want my **** back!" what do you think shoots through their mind? "wow, this gentleman is nice".
dont make them feel like they're idiots from pep boys. they're not. be polite. never tell them outright that they are wrong. even if they are.

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
I worked today. Anyways why didn't you just politely tell them what their tech said. They would have to listen to that.

^^^that is what you should have done. if you or your car show up at that dealer agian they will most likely give youre car to the rookie/new guy in the shop. and you dont want that.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:27 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jeggy
i used to work at a honda dealer. the people at the dealer are men and women just like you and i. they are not robots. when we get an attitude, we give it right back, agreed? the service writer, parts guy and managers always stick together when in an argument with a customer. if the first words out you'r mouth is "hey! you guys screwed me. i want my **** back!" what do you think shoots through their mind? "wow, this gentleman is nice".
dont make them feel like they're idiots from pep boys. they're not. be polite. never tell them outright that they are wrong. even if they are.
+1

Even if they messed up, give them the benefit of the doubt and talk to them in a respectful manner. If they still don't treat you right and fix the problem then you have every right to complain.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

yep...I just replaced my TCase fluid TODAY for the 1st time in my *NEW* TC's time.
was replaced about 2000 miles (Jan) ago and because they kept having to put new seals because it was leaking every week...They ended up using the same Fluid because the fluid was replaced 100 miles before they had to pull it again.
*noticed they had on the warranty ticket Diaqueen part#*- so they got payd for using it but I doubt they did?

Anyway.Put new Fluid in today (paid $40 for a jug of GL5 and a filter - parts hookup) because the WHinning has been there since I've owned the car...after today its ALmost Gone!!! I'm pumped up!
Mag plug was BLK! and they didn't even use a damn washer on them.

Replaced Trans-Pennzoil Synchro
TCase - GL5 & Rear diff
Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

They were wrong. You have every right to act the way you did. If it wasn't for that technician you might have made a costly mistake. People like that deserve to be treated like the scum they are. If he didn't know, he should have said so.

Quick Reply: dealer tried to pull a fast one!!!!!