Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How Often Do Evos Get Stolen/Broken into?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006 | 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

How Often Do Evos Get Stolen/Broken into?

Hey, I was wondering how often all of you have heard of EVOs getting stolen or broken into. I'm buying mine soon here, but would like to know how paranoid I should be. Of course I would be paranoid anyways, but I'd like to hear some live real life experience.
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

You hear about if pretty often... But then again people are more likely to make a thread about their car being stolen than to make one that post HEY my car didn't get stolen, cool!
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

I am on my 3rd window. But, for about a year i did have to park it in a crappy part of the neighborhood, because that is where the train station was, so i could go to work. After the second time it got broken into, i started driving further to a nicer neighborhood to park.

It costs more but i dont have the broken window problems anymore
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

I'd say depends on your neighborhood? I live in a decent area, so I dont worry so much about my car....Thats why they make insurance so if it happens, it happens?
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
I'd say depends on your neighborhood? I live in a decent area, so I dont worry so much about my car....Thats why they make insurance so if it happens, it happens?
I understand what you're saying. I'm not worried about my neighborhood as it is getting garaged as I could leave it outside unlocked and it probably wouldn't get touched. I am worried about friend's houses, the mall, etc... etc..
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

doesn't happen to me i live 3miles from my job, and if i have to drive in bad neighborhoods i just take the gf cars.
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

The Evo is not high on the "Must Steal" list. I think thats what your after. Evo's dont have nearly the numbers of the Mustangs, Corollas, and Hondas, so they are not as desireable as the parts are harder to move.
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

I've haven't had any off my cars stolen/broken into, maybe I found a way to stop it..........

Oh yeah, KEEP IT IN A GARAGE.
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

I was living in a nice neighborhood, and my freaking stock rims got jacked. Go figure. I think I know what my next mod will be though, 40cal semi-auto.
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

The numbers of evos made are fewer than most other cars so the likelyhood is alot less.
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

gettin your car stolen can happen anywhere...nice neighborhood or bad neighborhood. you need to take precaution to prevent it from happening. dont' keep valuables in plain sight, doors unlock, etc..... Evos aren't high on the most stolen list though.........at least not yet. if the worst do happens, that's what insurance are for.
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

My roommate's Ford Ranger got broken into a couple weeks ago. She parks right next to me. They stole her stereo and left my evo alone. It is probably because I have the stock stereo in mine, despite having several other mods. She had an upgraded deck in hers.
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 04:08 PM
9g

an alarm prabably would help alittle but the evos have immobilizers right?
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

True, hence the fat-*** key.
Old Apr 4, 2006 | 04:38 PM

I have heard of EVO being but on blocks before and all electronice being taken

Quick Reply: How Often Do Evos Get Stolen/Broken into?