Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Mitsu Commercial... guess what's at the end? | [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its the X
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

I would if I could trust me. I have strong hateful feelings toward Symantec. My computer at home just infected and my Symantec never did a thing (for the 2 years I had it). I got new anti-virus software and then formatted my hard drive to start over. No problems since.

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well, go tell that to my multi-billion-dollar firm. They decided on it firm-wide and usually don't go for the cheapest solution...
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bobaab
Try www.yousendit.com .. works better for me.

But I'm guessing you are using Internet Explorer Warrtalon? Get Firefox..I had no problems at all with anything..but you should be glad Symantec actually did something.

I like that .3 second flash of the Evo X They need to change the narrator of that commercial though..he sounds like a 10 yr old trying to sound tough.
it only allows limited users to download the file...
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ItalyIX
Its the X
now I really want to see it.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't install anything. My Symantec went absolutely nuts the moment I clicked the link before the window had even opened. It got caught and cleansed, but that's the first time I've ever seen that happen.

+1. Not only did this happen, but it automatically closed all my internet explorer sessions.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04lancerEsGuy
it only allows limited users to download the file...
oh yea u're right..up to 25 people
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Well, go tell that to my multi-billion-dollar firm. They decided on it firm-wide and usually don't go for the cheapest solution...
Yea!

My work has symantec too, although i clicked cancel and didnt get a virus.

I guess i will be the first to complain that its quicktime

So i cant watch it at work
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

omg omg omg omg that is to damn sexxxy...time to stop buying mods lol..time to start saving for the X
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

it's sexxxy, but i dont like the motorcycle gas tank, and the chrome triming on the windows.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
I would if I could trust me. I have strong hateful feelings toward Symantec. My computer at home just infected and my Symantec never did a thing (for the 2 years I had it). I got new anti-virus software and then formatted my hard drive to start over. No problems since.
There are alot of other factors to consider when you are talking about thousands upon thousands of workstations, you can't walk around and click "update" on all of those machines, and you don't want them all using bandwidth to update themselves, not to mention reporting on whether they actually did update successfully. Symantec and a few other large names provide the tools to efficiently manage a large volume of clients. They also have server versions with plugins for exhange etc., standard versions of antivirus would scan your mailstores, quarantine them and cause the whole server to take a dump and will cost you hours to get back up (don't ask me how I know)

On all my personal machines I use AVG Free Antivirus AVG Free Anti-Virus It has never let me down.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

my virus program did the same, i just followed the other link on there and downloaded it. pretty bad ***. still think from about midway thru the rear door and back they should have done something different. but still interesting
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

so does it have a release date?
cant see the video
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

AVG is one of the best available because it has auto update. imo using bandwidth to proform an update no big deal since it's helping your system run safe. Symantec may be more commercial, but it still sucks.

Originally Posted by cletus323
There are alot of other factors to consider when you are talking about thousands upon thousands of workstations, you can't walk around and click "update" on all of those machines, and you don't want them all using bandwidth to update themselves, not to mention reporting on whether they actually did update successfully. Symantec and a few other large names provide the tools to efficiently manage a large volume of clients. They also have server versions with plugins for exhange etc., standard versions of antivirus would scan your mailstores, quarantine them and cause the whole server to take a dump and will cost you hours to get back up (don't ask me how I know)

On all my personal machines I use AVG Free Antivirus AVG Free Anti-Virus It has never let me down.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

i can't see the video can someone put it on a file or something.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fireball
New 30 second spot Mitsubishi Commerical to be aired soon. Guess what car is at the end.

p.p.s. Or for you whiners who think you'll get a virus... http://d59.yousendit.com/D/1WG5J6VQL...ial%202006.mov

Thanks - this last link worked without a hitch.

Nice commercial - I'm glad to see Mitsubishi pushing their performance heritage, as I think that's one of their main appeals as a brand and a good way to differentiate themselves from their competition.

Quick Reply: New Mitsu Commercial... guess what's at the end? | [MERGED]