Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur = Awesome service.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur = Awesome service.

Ok, I don't usually do this but I have to in this case because it's kind of a above and beyond thing.

Starting my mods on my 03. I decide to go with the BR crews exhaust. Order it up and talk to Nick, very helpful, things go nice and smooth. They are a bit back logged so I send a PM to Jarrod asking about when I can expect the exhaust, about an hour later I get a reply. (He's always been very helpful and nice to talk with).

About a day later, I get the UPS goodies, take it in to check out my sweet new 3" TBE with the bullet muffler. Everything looks good but A nice little dent right on the end of the pipe from the UPS guys. Try to slip fit the system and it's a no go. It's close, but not going to work without a bit of tweaking.

Tell the guys at BR how happy I am with the exhaust, but also about the little problem. Jarrod offers to reimburse me any of the costs to get the pipe trued up and working.

I know it's not much, but still, that's cool as shiet to me. If I take it someplace you figure $25 or so to get it fixed. (Going to do it myself with help from autozone for much less). I let him know that there is no need, but a HUGE to the BR crew from me.

Thanks guys.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 04:02 PM
9g

if it works, then it works.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Honestly I give that a huge thumbs down. This makes the umpteenth post about how this **** has happened b/c of the way they ship the exhaust. It happened to mine like 8 months ago. It saddens me to see that they haven't done jack to remedy the problem. " AHh **** it let them deal with it."
Old Apr 4, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
mortis,

Thank you very much for the kind post. I appreciate you making a post like this. We do what we can. As you noticed there is a hard cardboard sleeving over the end of the exposed exhaust pipe and then it is wrapped in thick paper. It's the best we can do as UPS will no except a larger box than we ship it in already.

UPS figures a total size for the packages, height and diameter. These dimensions can't be exceded and that is what keeps our systems from shipping in one very large box.

As for you, exvitermini, see the above post about how we ship our exhausts and why we can't box them any differently than we do. Also keep in mind it is comments like yours that keep me from wanting to contribute anything worth while to EVOm. Have a great day though. (I have to say that to be able to be a member here

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 4, 2006, 06:05 PM

Here is a little food for thought.

Buschur racing is a more or less 'local' shop too me so I would always be willing to help out a fellow 'neighbor'.

Nick - I have known since I was a kid, he will help ya out (and if he doesn't... let me know. Smack down..

Jarrod is the same - good guy to wheel and deal with.

ExViTermini
The current shipping method seems to be accepted by many people. If you are buying an exhaust and have ever worked on a project you would know that nothing comes out 'perfect'. If you are buying it and having someone install it - BR might pay the cost to have it straightened.

At any rate - if the packaging goes above what ups allows then the $$$ goes up. And I am sure that everyone wants to pay more (in just shipping cost - which adds no value to the product).

mortis,
Good luck with fixing it - unless it is completely flat there should not be a big problem getting it straight.

Food for thought - we all assume that BR gets their pipes %100 true and round. I would have a hard time believing that coming from working in a manufacturing plant and now doing design engineering.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

I actually think their shipping methods are great, and if anything a little too effective. Check out a thread I made about this a while back:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=mad+buschur
Old Apr 4, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously though, if I ever need confetti...I'll order a part from Buschur Excellent service though, no doubt in my mind that I'll be ordering from them again.

Quick question to the Buschur crew:
My understanding from speaking with Nick was that the Buschur lower IC pipe wouldn't fit the IXs too great...and from my experience with the Injen lower IC pipe, it doesn't quiet match up.

If I order the intercooler that comes with the lower IC pipe, will it be the one that doesn't match? Or will I be able to take a rain check on it until you release the IX-specific pipe? Thx!

Last edited by Lgkaos; Apr 4, 2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Thge lower i/c pipe we make for the stock intercooler/turbo outlet will not fit on the EVO9 as far as I know. I have not tried it yet.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 5, 2006, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Not sure if this would work, or if they have the size, but how about putting a small piece of PVC or ABS pipe over the end then taping it up as a little added "bump stop".

I don't know. Just talking out of my butt here, but I know from when I was making my potato cannons, that the stuff was easy to cut, came in all sizes, and pretty cheap.

Regardless, I just had to say I thought the offer to help pay for fixing the shipping damage was pretty cool.

They'll get more of my business.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd kiss David's big burly **** star mustache for one of those intercoolers ~_~

Ok, he'd have to shave first, there's limits to how far I'll go here...
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Now, that is a great idea actually. The PVC tubing. I am going to look into that today. Awesome idea, cheap and very rigid. THANK YOU!!!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

On our way to the hardware store.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Seet, I've talked w/the guys at BR and they have alway been really nice to me. They are definately going to get my business.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Let me know if it works. Now I'm curious.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Well PVC won't work. Darn good idea. The tubing is too small and won't go over even the intercooler tanks. Going to look into some other options, we think we have a solution.

David