Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ams or Buschur Raceing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aux.
Dude, your "not trying to bash Buschur" ? Thats what you just did. Not cool man , not cool. DB does plenty of testing and hasplenty to back up that statement..... he just did extensive testing on the 6 and 5 blade. You may be a little uninformed if you don't visit his site, but all in all he does a really good job man.... lets not start bad mouthing people man.
I'm just saying he changes his products way too often. He does a lot for the evo community, but let's be honest, if you bought a surging turbo before you knew it surged, would you be happy? That's great he'll take and exchange stuff at no cost, but what about the cost of dyno time and down time? People forget about that except the people who have to pay to do it all over again. Same thing with the 5 and 6 blade 20g-9.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Midwest, that's also the cost of jumping at new products before extensive testing in the community. There's a faction of people who try things early, and they understand the high risk/high reward. These people are called "innovators" and "early adopters" of technology. Others, like myself, sit back and wait for more mainstream testing - we are called the "early majority." AFter that, you have the "late majority" and "laggards." Each level waits longer than the previous one to adopt new technology, so they have less risk but also less reward.

So, the people who follow the innovation of BR (and others) and buy things quickly do so at their own known risk. Sometimes, they strike gold and are the top of the heap until everyone else catches up. Others who wait longer end up wasting time not using a great product until everyone else has it already, which makes it not as cool. Then, other times, the early adopters get burned and find out their new purchase isn't so good in due time. That's just the price they pay for being at the cutting edge...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MonsterEVOO
Warrtalon.. Can you Plz do me a Fav.. And Name Me the Mods I would need to get the Power I want wich is 350awhp And 400 Crank.. Thanks Andy.
Wtf...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by midwestmonster
I'm just saying he changes his products way too often. He does a lot for the evo community, but let's be honest, if you bought a surging turbo before you knew it surged, would you be happy? That's great he'll take and exchange stuff at no cost, but what about the cost of dyno time and down time? People forget about that except the people who have to pay to do it all over again. Same thing with the 5 and 6 blade 20g-9.
I do agree with you on this.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:44 PM

Warrtalon what exactly is the difference between your ix package and the plain old bushur package? Different muffler maybe? The price is better but im not sure what else. Thanks in advance..
Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The exhausts are the same - all Buschur packages get the TBE w/Bullet muffler now and choice of test pipe or HFC.

My IX package is very simple and only includes the parts I think are needed on a IX to go fast and be complete.

- Mine has no intake
- includes a Forge UNOS as the MBC

Very similar with minor differences in reference to the IX, but the VIII package is much different.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:58 PM

Thumbs up

Both are great but AMS's fit and finish is second to none.