Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Random police story #3576

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LightSpeed
O.k. so where is the "harrassment"? Seems to me you had illegal tint and no valid proof of insurance. The cop was polite and let you off on the lack of proof of insurance. Sounds more like a positive police story than "harrassment".
+1
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LightSpeed
O.k. so where is the "harrassment"? Seems to me you had illegal tint and no valid proof of insurance. The cop was polite and let you off on the lack of proof of insurance. Sounds more like a positive police story than "harrassment".
Yes I do agree that it had a positive outcome but it was harrassment in that he blatantly wanted to mess with me. I mean its 3 in the morning do you think that you could look at a car more than a quarter of a mile a way an think hey that tint is to dark? I know i couldn't and I have better than normal eyesight.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 01:51 PM

I have been harrassed too..I was stopped for no plate when obviously I just bought the car and it had the dealer plate on there..After checking the paperwork, he pulled out the tester..The reading came back as 27%...Legal here in GA. is 32% with +/- 3%...So yes, that is harrassment when I see cars on the road here in ATL that you can't even see the drivers through the front windows.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 04:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by usefulidiot37
Yes I do agree that it had a positive outcome but it was harrassment in that he blatantly wanted to mess with me. I mean its 3 in the morning do you think that you could look at a car more than a quarter of a mile a way an think hey that tint is to dark? I know i couldn't and I have better than normal eyesight.
Exactly, it was 3am! I wouldn't mind more police stopping vehicles late at nite since the majority of the crimes happens late nite or early mornings. Therefore, he was just doing his job.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Hmmm, sounds like a legit pullover to me. That is not harrassment. Search and you will find some harrassment stories!
Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
God does not like Ugly!!

What the F does taht mean ????
Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by asstard
Exactly, it was 3am! I wouldn't mind more police stopping vehicles late at nite since the majority of the crimes happens late nite or early mornings. Therefore, he was just doing his job.
So because i was driving at night, driving the speed limit and doing nothing even remotly illeal I should be pulled over? If i was speeding and that was an addition to the ticket i wouldn't have thought a thing of it. But to pull someone over for tinting when there's probally no way he could could even tell I had my windows tinted at that distance. I understand that this is nowhere near as bad as what has happened to some people but it doesn't change the fact that I was pulled over for having a red car with a big wing. It was just frustating (even though it'll all be good in the end).