Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Random police story #3576

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Random police story #3576

*******WARNING LONG BORING RANT AHEAD I JUST NEEDED TO VENT**********

I was just involved in my first personal experiance of police harrassment while driving my evo. I was driving along not breaking any laws when I see a police officer make a left turn at the street ahead of me. He was about a quarter of the mile away. He then proceeded to flip around and ride up on me. After following me for a little over a mile he flips his lights. I pull over and am calm and courteous to the officer he proceeds to tell me that he pulled me over for my tint. At this point I'm thinking wtf? I keep my composure and continue to be couteous to the officer. He pulls out a madoohickey(a technical term do not abuse) and tells me that my tint is 15% and the maximum allowable is 35%. I'm thinking to myself ok when i got it tinted I asked for 25%(it is illegal technically but still thats a big differance) and was given that amount of tint. He then asks for my operators license and proof of insurance. I just recently got my new insurance card and forgot to put it in. So the card I have expired like 2 days ago. I explain this to him and he says he has to call the insurance company and verify that I have insurance. I'm still remaining calm and polite but growing a bit more irritated. After 30 minutes he comes back and tells me that he can't get ahold of the insurance company but hes gonna be real nice and not fault me for that since get ahold of them. He then gives me the ticket with an envolope and tells me, "I can send it in with the ticket and plead guilty and pay or I can plead not guilty and go to court and pay."(I was a bit taken aback by that comment) Je then tells me to drive safely and I leave. I look at the ticket later and i see that apparntly I drive a red 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I couldn't stop laughing. I guess he gave me a bigger break than he thought he did. End of rant.

Last edited by usefulidiot37; Apr 7, 2006 at 03:30 AM.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
atleast you got away with a techincal error
Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

red 2000 eclipse......wow........what a difference.....lolz....that kinds of turn the story over a little. but nEway, yeah technical problems!
Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

God does not like Ugly!!
Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

I was just wondering if you can turn up in court and explain that you dont even have a red eclipse and get off the ticket?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigfishs
I was just wondering if you can turn up in court and explain that you dont even have a red eclipse and get off the ticket?
not if the license plate and vin numbers are correct. I got a parking ticket in the mail one time when in some breach town in like early may one time, when I hadn't been in that town since the previous september...

on the ticket it said "gold toyota camry" and I had a white BMW 328 at the time as my only registered vehicle. I got off on that with just a few calls and a fax to the courthouse.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

The lesson here...to have the shop that installed the tint to have the % sign/sticker in the window saying it's legal.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Did you accidentally switch the percentages in your story? "[He] tells me that my tint is 15% and the maximum allowable is 35%."
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

i heard you can still get away with the ticket..cus technically thats not you car.....
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Did you tint the front windows?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Go here...

http://www.ticketassassin.com/index.html

It will teach you how to get out of your ticket without even setting foot in court and wasting your time. A Paypal donation is appreciated, and the guy will e-mail you personally to walk you through the process. Good luck!

Brent
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

The percentage is the amount of light that can pass throught the tint.. so obviously 15% is darker.

Originally Posted by Rod Munch
Did you accidentally switch the percentages in your story? "[He] tells me that my tint is 15% and the maximum allowable is 35%."
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah 5% is limo tint and 2.5% is just crazy.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

The reason his reading on the "madoohickey" came out darker than what tint you used is because there is already a light tint on the windows from the factory. I had the same problem in my old car. 20% tint measured out at 11% (I think it was).

I was ticketed 3 separate times within 12-18 months for my tint. I learned my lesson. It's not worth it with the cops around where I live.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:00 PM

O.k. so where is the "harrassment"? Seems to me you had illegal tint and no valid proof of insurance. The cop was polite and let you off on the lack of proof of insurance. Sounds more like a positive police story than "harrassment".

Quick Reply: Random police story #3576