Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Glass chips.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glass chips.

So I am driving down the interstate and a dump truck infront of me has rocks flying from it. I can't really slow down too much since some a-hole is riding my tail. I veer to the left a bit and on of them hits my windshield. It left a REALLY small chip like literally a period size " . " Two of them, about an inch a part. It's nothing really drastic, but it just irritates me. I hate having a car with barely 6,000 miles on it with rock chips. Even if they're so small, I know where they are.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

You think that's bad? I had a rock chip on the windshield, chips on the hood, and a huge gash in the corner of the front bumper from road construction all at the same time. They were tearing up the road to re-pave it. I had the car for two weeks. At least you made it past 500 miles before that happened to you.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

A rock hit my windshield before I hit 500 miles
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Small chips like that won't spread. I have several on my windshield. If you get a star, though, you should get that filled ASAP to avoid spreading.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

I just had two cracks repaired by glass doctors - http://www.glassdoctor.com/ - good work, fully covered through my insurance with zero deductable.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, mine are like this size " . ", as i said. I'm sorry that that happened to you before 500 miles guys, that sucks. I put the resin stuff in it and its smooth like the rest. But it left the blemish. I'm just a perfectionist and I hate it so much. . .