Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO IX Front Bumper Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO IX Front Bumper Question

Hey guys,

I'm too restless to wait until I get home tonight to check, so I'm just going to see if I get an answer through here. I was wondering if the bottom "lip" part of the stock EVO IX bumper can be taken out from the bigger top portion of the bumper. I noticed that the bottom part of the bumper looks like it is attached to the top portion (there's a spacing that divides the bottom "lip" and the top). The reason I'm asking is because I'm planning on getting the bottom part of the bumper touched up for scrapes and it would be nice if I could take out that portion instead of leaving my car at the paint shop.

Thanks.

Last edited by 671; Apr 7, 2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Yes the lip can be removed from the bumper. Is it severly torn up? If not, I would bother it will only get rashed up again.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by evoate ya
Yes the lip can be removed from the bumper. Is it severly torn up? If not, I would bother it will only get rashed up again.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if its just screws or tabs that I would have to take out? It's not severely torn up but I'm planning on putting a splitter and I'd like to get it fixed before I put it on. I know the damage can't be seen when the splitter is added but I know it's just going to bug me knowing it's down there. I asked a buddy from a dealership and he said he can hook me up for a cheap touch-up job.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
More than likely it's push pins maybe screws but shouldn't be hard at all to take apart.