Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fog light question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2006, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThunderOZRacer
That looks really good, whats the yellow light replacing on the headlight?
Thank you. On the Evo models with HIDs, the inside most light housing is a fog light...the HID is a direct replacement for that light.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
not only is it legal you also would not be blinding people, as long as you got the right sized stuff... the housing reflects such that you are aiming down like a fog light should. also hids have razor cut offs. you'd of course have to use the appropriate sized everything, THAT part might be a pain.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
not only is it legal you also would not be blinding people, as long as you got the right sized stuff... the housing reflects such that you are aiming down like a fog light should. also hids have razor cut offs. you'd of course have to use the appropriate sized everything, THAT part might be a pain.
i don't know enough to judge the legaily, but you are right that the housing aims down such that you aren't blinding people.

as far as the cutoffs, you will only see those in a stock projector (or even reflector) housing. on a re-based HID bulb (like these) there is no cutoff.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
the housing aims down tho... i'm thinkin' like you get the same size bulb not a projector but just hte bulb that would sit in the foglight area (don't know if this is acutally psosible, that's why i said bulb of the right size)... cuz the foglight has a back reflector and then it reaims the light down right?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
the housing aims down tho... i'm thinkin' like you get the same size bulb not a projector but just hte bulb that would sit in the foglight area (don't know if this is acutally psosible, that's why i said bulb of the right size)... cuz the foglight has a back reflector and then it reaims the light down right?
yeah, that's exactly what I have there, HID bulbs that fit in teh foglight housing...it's aimed down so there's no blinding effect, just a whole lot more light output
Old Apr 9, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=131358
Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Just curious. How many foglights are you allowed to mount legally? I have seen Hummers and Jeep with more than six foglights. Would it be legal to put this on an Evo?
http://www.rallytech.co.uk/product.asp?PID=39
Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B4IFLY
Just curious. How many foglights are you allowed to mount legally? I have seen Hummers and Jeep with more than six foglights. Would it be legal to put this on an Evo?
http://www.rallytech.co.uk/product.asp?PID=39
those are "off-road" lights, thats why you'll see jeeps with 4 or 6 on the roll bar, with those stupid smiley covers on them.