Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Jic Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2006, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jic Suspension?

hi i was thinking of purchasing the JIC coilovers for my car, but i've heard a lot of people saying not to get them cause they're too stiff, and others saying they're great. Others say go tein flex's, any input as to what is better?
Old Apr 8, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

If you want to see how the flexs do at the track.....check this thread.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...3D60E414DB.htm

Later,

STF
Old Apr 8, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the tein flex coilovers with the edfc. On the softest setting the dampening yields a very bouncy ride, but you can still feel every single bump in the road. This is because the springs are so damn stiff. Overall I have been very happy with them, and they are cheaper than the JIC setup (I think). Changing and saving settings is also a snap with the EDFC.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
I have the tein flex coilovers with the edfc. On the softest setting the dampening yields a very bouncy ride, but you can still feel every single bump in the road. This is because the springs are so damn stiff. Overall I have been very happy with them, and they are cheaper than the JIC setup (I think). Changing and saving settings is also a snap with the EDFC.
they're cheaper? the JIC's that i was looking at were only 1300 and the flex's were 1400, is there a cheaper place i can get them?
Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:10 PM
Account Disabled

bump
Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow nevermind, I thought the flex's were cheaper. Eitherway I don't think you can go wrong with either setup. Does JIC have a way to electronically adjust the dampening rates?
Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Wow nevermind, I thought the flex's were cheaper. Eitherway I don't think you can go wrong with either setup. Does JIC have a way to electronically adjust the dampening rates?
Not sure, but that's not that important for me to have, it's a great thing to have, but i'm okay without it. I was always more partial towards tein, but i like JIC too.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
jics are stiff... that said i have jics, they're mueller's jics which means they're better. buddyclubs from mueller have a long wait. otherwise if you're looking for perfomrance it's only ohlins and motons.

you could get other things... they can be made to work.

also please post in the appropriate forum.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:56 AM
Silver Sponsor

nobody is really speaking in absolutes...too stiff or too cheap or too expensive is all relative to what one specific person thinks. here are some facts:

i'm assuming you're referring to the flta2's, which retail for $1880.00
the flta1 retail for $1250.00.
if you're finding them for less then $1500.00, then they're probably used or stolen since i don't know of anyone who receives what would need to be a 50% discount on their parts in order to make a standard 10% margin.

jic has historically bad customer service...as a matter of fact...we can say there has never really been any customer service at all. they have actually lost their main cause of this but i don't see the mindset changing from the owner jon anytime soon.

they have a history of leaking and their warranties are 30 days iirc. if you are able to find a set that has been built properly and everything happens as should be...then they are actually quite a good suspension...their shock dynos are interesting to say the least but this is one time where the dyno doesn't do the damper justice as seen by lap times in autox and circuit running.

all in all i would recommend something else...they are not rebuildable and if you have any warranty or repair issues you'll need to fight to the death for it. for something in that price range i would look at the buddy club racing spec or or cusco zero series coilovers. i have never driven an evo with the flexs but the other vehicles i've driven i haven't been too impressed. as for the higher level tein like ra and what not, those are pretty nice.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:22 PM

what about buddy club dampers?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
60 day warantee

ewarriors these days will do anything to undercut a price...

the thing is you don't need a good riding suspension to turn good lap times necesarilly, stiff will get you there just fine, won't get you home nicely tho.