Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Will prices still be jacked up by the end of August?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eggy
Do you know how expensive Supras were when they were sold new?
Exactly, Supras were in the 50k range in their time when they were NEW..
Old Aug 9, 2006, 06:15 PM

perhaps the 0% for all 06 evos and other incentives such as freegas for one year!
Old Aug 9, 2006, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

i m gonna buy evo9 mr tomorrow.......should i wait????? go for 9.5 se?? or wait for the 0%finance?
Old Aug 9, 2006, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm waiting for a deal....I have been to all the local stealerships and they haven't moved any inventory.....all the same evos I saw in the beginning of july are still sitting there thanks to our guys at south coast

And if Mitsu thinks they are going to raise the price to sell cars that arent selling now they really do deserve to be in financial trouble like they are in...

I really love the evo...but mitsu is ****ing nuts trying to gouge people and void warranties.....they need to treat the evo community well because that is the only positive point for them.....the evo is what differentiates them from being another ****ty line of cars....

They should try and get us to be happy evo owners if they really do want to continue to sell cars....because we are all they have....

On another note though seriously here in the west coast it seems like nobody is buying em here in norcal.....i already see dealers discounting certain evos because they have sat there too long in the sun for the past couple months...

Yah I need 0% financing and some free gas if they are going to get me in there at the prices they have right now
Old Aug 9, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

you think there is gonna be 0% finance?
i doubt it.....cause of bad economic ..........therefore higher interest rate around 8%-9%

how much am i expecting if i get a loan for $35.000 w/8% interest rate???
anyone have idea?????
Old Aug 9, 2006, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wait so u want to buy the car with no money down???? wow ur nuts man!!

Eitherway I think u can get 6-7 % from the right lender depending on ur credit....but that compound interest is a killer....after all is said and done you would have paid well over 40K for the car and ur payments will be crazy even with 36 months

I'm putting at least 10K down and I have an 00 Accord v6 for trade so hopefully with another 5-6k i will be otd w/ an rs or some extra 4k for mr....hopefully be able to pay off in a few months.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 07:10 PM

if the economy is bad.... wouldnt the interest rates go down.....????

to motivate spending??
Old Aug 9, 2006, 07:10 PM

Car loans are simple interest bud, if they are trying to charge you compound interest run
Old Aug 9, 2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by yesevo
you think there is gonna be 0% finance?
i doubt it.....cause of bad economic ..........therefore higher interest rate around 8%-9%

how much am i expecting if i get a loan for $35.000 w/8% interest rate???
anyone have idea?????

Depending on taxes/fees/trade-in you're looking at ~$770 a month for a 60 month term.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

They might have 0% financing....but it sure as hell won't be for the Evo

Rates have been going up lately...so your best bet is to go now

I dont know what your budget is but id try to get a longer term to have a low payment then refi when you know you can get a better rate.

http://octfcu.org/calculators/default.asp#loans the loan calculator is on point...use it
Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TEC
At this point, no dealer in their right mind should be asking for anything more than invoice on an EVO. If they are walk out and just wait a few months. That same car will be on the lot when you go back and they will be more than willing to talk.

There are MR's here in GA that have sat on lots for 6 months or more. They recently started selling the ones they have because they are finally ready to deal on them.
funny you mention that. I called all of the dealers in the ATL area ~4 months ago when I was ready to buy and they all had ~$5k markups; when I told them I wanted to pay no more than $1000 over invoice they laughed at me and said "these cars are rare in this area". So I bought from South Coast.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 07:42 AM
Account Disabled

interest rate will be around 8% I bet