Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New to the Evo world!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2006, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the Evo world!

Hey guys,
Just needed some help...right now I am driving a '05 9-3 Saab Linear, a few mods nothing major...I test drove an EVO MR and it was amazing! I feel in love instantly! I want the car, but I just want to know...is the MR worth the extra money??? Or should I just go for a IX? I know the evo is lighter and 6 speed, from what I've read it's a better tranny as well...but is it worth an extra 6-7k? The other thing is, since the MR is so limited in the US, I was told I HAVE to pay sticker price, their is no adjusting. So I was just wanting some input...I am going in Tuesday to make the final deal as far as payments/trade in value etc...So I was just wondering what you guys thought! It's silver...
Thanks,
Leor
Old Apr 9, 2006, 07:32 PM

Go for it it is a great car you wont regret it! whatever you pay, as far as sticker IMO for an MR is good since they will hold their value better since they are limited!
Old Apr 10, 2006, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Personally I would just get the IX. Save the extra money and spend it on some mods, or anything. Either way the car is great, so good luck and enjoy the driving.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cliffrlp
Hey guys,
Just needed some help...right now I am driving a '05 9-3 Saab Linear, a few mods nothing major...I test drove an EVO MR and it was amazing! I feel in love instantly! I want the car, but I just want to know...is the MR worth the extra money??? Or should I just go for a IX? I know the evo is lighter and 6 speed, from what I've read it's a better tranny as well...but is it worth an extra 6-7k? The other thing is, since the MR is so limited in the US, I was told I HAVE to pay sticker price, their is no adjusting. So I was just wanting some input...I am going in Tuesday to make the final deal as far as payments/trade in value etc...So I was just wondering what you guys thought! It's silver...
Thanks,
Leor
The most you should pay is 4k more for an MR vs a GSR. Do you like having 6 gears to choose from? Do you like having a better stock suspension? HIDs without the SSL package? Lighter wheels? That's what you'll be paying for. Either way.. it's going to be cheaper for you to contact South Coast Mitsubishi in California and have the car shipped from there. Huge discounts! (You'd think I worked for them!) I just would hate to see you have to pay full price for one. They advertise 32,999 + tax and license for an MR.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 06:36 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I say go for the MR. BTW, welcome to EvolutionM as a soon-to-be owner!