Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealership Experience - BLACK LIST!!! - Girard Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2006, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you talked to a lawyer ot anything?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear all that dude, have you considered taking the car to a different dealership to see if they will honor your waranty? Leaving stuff like sun glasses in the car while having it sit at a shop is never a good thing, my best friend used to work for Lexus and it's amazing how the people there just take stuff out of customer's cars at their free will. On a side note, is NUWC the under water testing center? I'm also a software engineer for the DoD, I work for NSWC (surface warfare) in Panama City, Florida, part of the Navsea.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chronozon
Sorry to hear all that dude, have you considered taking the car to a different dealership to see if they will honor your waranty?
No can do there, the District Rep makes the call and he covers all the dealerships in the area. The warranty is void in the computers at Mitsubishi Coorporate in California anyway now, any rep that would check with them would see that. I did check with the dealer that sold me my car (they are in another district), but they said their Rep would not want to over-ride another rep.

Originally Posted by chronozon
On a side note, is NUWC the under water testing center? I'm also a software engineer for the DoD, I work for NSWC (surface warfare) in Panama City, Florida, part of the Navsea.
Yessir, thats the one!
Old Apr 11, 2006, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear all this Stew. Seems it keeps getting worse. Is there any action we can take as a group against Cipriano? I wont even go into the problems I have had with him (my drivetrain warranty is void now).

Maybe we can get a group of Evo owners to fight back against him and take him to court?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j-evo8
Sorry to hear all this Stew. Seems it keeps getting worse. Is there any action we can take as a group against Cipriano? I wont even go into the problems I have had with him (my drivetrain warranty is void now).

Maybe we can get a group of Evo owners to fight back against him and take him to court?
I'm not sure what our first action would be, but I'm sure we could easily round up a LARGE group of Evo owners who all have been thrown under the bus by him.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

gl stew. im pretty sure i made a thread about this though

edit:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=157962

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Stew
I'm not sure what our first action would be, but I'm sure we could easily round up a LARGE group of Evo owners who all have been thrown under the bus by him.
Lets see if we can round up a large group of people. I almost went the lawyer route before. Whats even more upsetting is how he treats people when going through this process. I'll be having dinner with V. Trantolo (lawyer up here in the Hartford area) sometime in the next few weeks. I will speak with him and see what I can find out about a potential next step. Good luck with the rebuild!
Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j-evo8
Lets see if we can round up a large group of people. I almost went the lawyer route before. Whats even more upsetting is how he treats people when going through this process. I'll be having dinner with V. Trantolo (lawyer up here in the Hartford area) sometime in the next few weeks. I will speak with him and see what I can find out about a potential next step. Good luck with the rebuild!
Sounds good! Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

I am not a lawyer, but I really can't see you having any civil case there. With all the mods done to the car, it was not unreasonable for them to deny the warranty claims on the engine. Increased boost and modified timing and fuel maps are not minor mods. If they did the tear down and their tech's judgemnet was that the bearing failure was caused by your mods, there is not much that you can do about that - unless you want to hire an expert witness engine tech and a metalurgy expert to examine your car and testify in your civil case - which would not be cost effective anyway.

I could see you possibly being able to recoup the $310 you spent on the teardown if you argue that the dealer had no intention of ever honoring the warranty claim to begin with. But even that would also be tough to prove, and probably not worth the hassle to try to recover $310

The expensive sunglasses should not have been left in the car. The dealership, like all dealships, I'm sure has it in the paperwork you signed when you left the car with them that the dealership is not responsible for items left in the car.

Not trying to **** in your Cheerios, here... Just being realistic.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

My main problem is that the District Rep makes the call. He has NO technical knowledge.

When I had 2nd gear replaced on my car, the tech said there was no sign of abuse. I STILL had to fight to get the gear replaced. The rep kept saying "you have an exhaust on your car" or "I've seen this problem with 18 year old girls learning to drive stick, its abuse" (actually a quote from him). He kept saying "its abuse." When he finally dropped that, he started in on the exhaust again.

This particular rep even announced to the dealership that he was "not rolling over on this one." As a rep of the company, his job is to represent MMNA, not stick it to every "kid" that owns/drives and Evo.

I dont understand how someone who is NOT technical, in anyway, can make a technical decision - that is the biggest problem!

If the rep told Stew to tear down the motor to investigate further and there were no signs of detonation, then why shouldnt it be covered under warranty? There is no form of open dialogue, its simply Cirpriano just looking to screw the owner and deny the warranty anyway he can.

Luckily in my case, all I lost was time (6-8hrs of work) instead of money. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth over this and its been months. Like Stew, this will be my last mitsu.

I understand your comment about mods, etc., but we still are customers and should be treated as such. And a technical decision should be made by someone technical.

Last edited by j-evo8; Apr 11, 2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That really sucks to hear dude - hope for the best.

You should put an ad in the paper or better yet, go to one of your local TV stations and maybe they might do one of those "consumer alert" things. Seems to be that public humiliation gets people's asses in gear.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:46 PM

After hearing this story I'm not gonna buy a Evo MR, gonna buy a "noway you can go wrong car".....Lexus Is 350 rwd 306hp. They are the same price as an Evo MR but alot more car for real world of everyday driving.

Last edited by dominant1; Apr 11, 2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aklucsarits
If they did the tear down and their tech's judgemnet was that the bearing failure was caused by your mods, there is not much that you can do about that - unless you want to hire an expert witness engine tech and a metalurgy expert to examine your car and testify in your civil case - which would not be cost effective anyway.
The "tech" is a somewhat new employee who also pointed out my 'transmission' and tried to explain it was my 'transfer case'. I do not have faith in his skill. All he said about the motor was that it looked like over-revving. I wouldn't doubt if he had no other over-revved motors to compare this one to. Either way the car was not over-revved, whether anyone believes or not, so his judgement was wrong. The district rep claimed the mods caused detonation, leading to catastrophic failure. I then alerted him to the fact that there was no detonation present, and he simply changed his answer to "We are not honoring the warranty because the vehicle has been modified", with NO comment on the previous detonation claim. Why did he make up the detonation scenerio if there was obviously none present? Either he has no clue what he is talking about, or he was trying to pull a fast one on me while looking for any excuse to void the warranty. Basically they did absolutely nothing with the tear down except make a random excuse for 2 days until their bluff was called, then they went back to acting like children.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 09:46 AM
Account Disabled

Want me to dead him Stew?
Old Apr 25, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

What are you going to do with the car since they won't warranty it? Rebuild the motor and sell it?

Quick Reply: Dealership Experience - BLACK LIST!!! - Girard Mitsubishi