Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much louder is the Hi-flow cat than stock?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AC556k
What about the addition of a down pipe? This would be with a greddy EVO2 catback. See, my wife said no more crap done to the car. If she can't hear it she won't know.
Thanks
I have Greddy Evo II and 3" HF cat in both Evos and they sounds absolutely stock at iddle, extremelly quiet.

I highly suggest them. You wife definately wouldn't notice it at all nor from the looks. The Greddy tip exits excatly like stock only difference is that it is 1" wider.

Carlos
Old Apr 11, 2006, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rnm
I'm kinda in the same predicament. Does anybody know if the Buschur 3" TBE with a Magnaflow muffler and high flow cat sounds close to stock or any alternatives?
I've had that exact setup for over two years and under 3000 RPM it is even quieter than stock, and it's a nice deep sound. But when you open it up she screams bloody murder.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

I just the quieter for personal comfort on long drives, and also it's just less attention from cops.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by byron3636
I just the quieter for personal comfort on long drives, and also it's just less attention from cops.
I know exactly what you mean. I have two cops living 4 doors down. I always drive real mellow on my street. Bushur TBE with hi flow cat and Magnaflow is real quiet at 2000 RPM