Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

police harrassment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo Police
Yea that's a lot of dough for a red light. For instance here in Washington, DC a red light violation is $75.00.
DAM! You guys have it easy.

thats bs...in south fl 81 for a regular moving violation....and thats exaclty why i drive a black car....cant be seen, cant be heard....CUT OUT BIA!!!! open it on crazy days....and i wont stop if i can get away lol
I will be looking forward in seeing you on real tv on "best car chases ever."
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude... a week... for a bulb?
omfg!
youre car prolly got trashed im sorry man so sorry
always check ur mileage!Q!!
Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Guys, there are better ways to deal w/ this (well, before you get written up, anyway).

Much experience (including a conversation w/ a friend who's a Stater and one who's a reserve cop) convinces me that when you get pulled over, don't EVER argue or make an excuse trying to get out of a ticket - it's what they're waiting for.

I probably get pulled over three times a year. Mostly I drive cars that'd **** off the law (Porsches, 'Vettes, Mustangs, various sport bikes). I speed frequently.

When I get pulled over and the cop comes to tell me what I've done, even if I don't think I he's right my response is always something like: "Yeah, I know I was doing it. I'm not even sure why... I wasn't in a hurry or anything. I shouldn't have been doing that.".

More than once the response has been a genuinely puzzled look and, for the past 10 years, I've been let go w/ warnings. EVERY time.

Some examples:

Wheeling a ZX-10 w/ a hot girl on the back I'd just picked up at a bar (no flames okay... I know I was stupid). Cop pulls me over, comes up and just shakes his head. I sort of laugh and say: "Man, I can't believe I did that. How stupid of me. I guess I just got excited because this girl wanted to come home w/ me and I'm not used to that.". He tried to look stern (he laughed a little), told me to get home.

Pulled over in a speed trap (airplane monitored) along w/ probably 10 other cars. Cop comes to the window and my buddy tries to start making excuses. I tell him to shut up, that I knew I was speeding and that I deserve what I get. The cop was honestly shocked by my reaction and let me go. THAT one I couldn't believe.

Pulled over while driving a ZR-1 'Vette, by myself, in the carpool lane, top off, speeding (15 over), no proof of insurance w/ me. Cop comes to the window just shaking his head - I can tell he can't wait to hear what THIS clown is about to say. I just start laughing, shrug my shoulders and say something like: "Yeah, I'm an idiot. First sunny day in a long time, car like this and the last thing I was in the mood for was stop & go traffic - I couldn't help myself. I guess I deserve a big one for this...". He writes me a $71 ticket for being in the carpool lane (the max fine is $250) and sends me on my way. Didn't get off completely but it sure felt like it...

The best part of this is the very last speeding ticket I received (in '95). I was driving an Easter-Egg Blue Geo Metro. Go figure...
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo Police
Yea that's a lot of dough for a red light. For instance here in Washington, DC a red light violation is $75.00.
yaeh.. but I had a $1000 ticket and felony conviction for going 90 in virgina.. California is very relaxed on tickets in comparison to that area

It always seems that the people getting pulled over and then harrased look like their up to trouble in the cops mind... I drive a red modded evo with cams and no cats in california and have never had an issue.. and mostly received thumbs up after I tell them I autox.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by red evo8
Everyone knows that some cops will just flat out be ***'s more than others and alot of it is directed toward people who mod cars, so thursday im driving down one of our main roads dirving normally and all a good 43 in a 40 ( gas prices ) and i pass through a 4 intersection and i get a good mile or 2 from it then i see those lovely blue and red lights flashing me down and im thinking ok another no license plate or w/e they were going to make up , so i roll down the window and the officer asks for my information , i then ask him what i got pulled over for and he says " o you don't know? you didn't see that red light you ran back there " im sitting in my car thinking umm "no" and i have 3 people sitting in the car and were all sitting there saying that was a green light it hadn't even switched into yellow yet!, so i sit there an argue with him about it then he comes back with a 225$ red light ticket and says have a good day basically i got a ticket for no apparent reason , i can see if i did run a light i wouldn't be aggrevated but when i was doing NOTHING WRONG OMG WTF! anywayz im going to try and fight it in court seeing that where he was sitting you couldn't even see the light that i "supposibly " ran just thought i would share the experience

Dont even start. this place is going to hell, one ticked cost me $1000 and it was for loosing control in the snow in an empty parking lot at 9 PM (testing barkes and 2 donuts). They gave me a ****ing reckless..

And the cop lied and said their were people when their was no one. He was a lier and an ******* and the whole court system was just like a 3rd world country. for god sake I ran aways from **** like that and it follows me here.

I lost faith in this country.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

bring the witnesses and call a lawyer and imo it will be tosses completely. I've yet to be pulled over in my evo. Must be the stealthiness of the black lol.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

I know this would never happen but they should record all offenses in order for police to write someone up. Then the authorities will be upholding the law and not just be a lying public servant.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cj8718
Guys, there are better ways to deal w/ this (well, before you get written up, anyway).

Much experience (including a conversation w/ a friend who's a Stater and one who's a reserve cop) convinces me that when you get pulled over, don't EVER argue or make an excuse trying to get out of a ticket - it's what they're waiting for.

I probably get pulled over three times a year. Mostly I drive cars that'd **** off the law (Porsches, 'Vettes, Mustangs, various sport bikes). I speed frequently.

When I get pulled over and the cop comes to tell me what I've done, even if I don't think I he's right my response is always something like: "Yeah, I know I was doing it. I'm not even sure why... I wasn't in a hurry or anything. I shouldn't have been doing that.".

More than once the response has been a genuinely puzzled look and, for the past 10 years, I've been let go w/ warnings. EVERY time.

Some examples:

Wheeling a ZX-10 w/ a hot girl on the back I'd just picked up at a bar (no flames okay... I know I was stupid). Cop pulls me over, comes up and just shakes his head. I sort of laugh and say: "Man, I can't believe I did that. How stupid of me. I guess I just got excited because this girl wanted to come home w/ me and I'm not used to that.". He tried to look stern (he laughed a little), told me to get home.

Pulled over in a speed trap (airplane monitored) along w/ probably 10 other cars. Cop comes to the window and my buddy tries to start making excuses. I tell him to shut up, that I knew I was speeding and that I deserve what I get. The cop was honestly shocked by my reaction and let me go. THAT one I couldn't believe.

Pulled over while driving a ZR-1 'Vette, by myself, in the carpool lane, top off, speeding (15 over), no proof of insurance w/ me. Cop comes to the window just shaking his head - I can tell he can't wait to hear what THIS clown is about to say. I just start laughing, shrug my shoulders and say something like: "Yeah, I'm an idiot. First sunny day in a long time, car like this and the last thing I was in the mood for was stop & go traffic - I couldn't help myself. I guess I deserve a big one for this...". He writes me a $71 ticket for being in the carpool lane (the max fine is $250) and sends me on my way. Didn't get off completely but it sure felt like it...

The best part of this is the very last speeding ticket I received (in '95). I was driving an Easter-Egg Blue Geo Metro. Go figure...

Just one question How old are you???
Old Apr 13, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dustin-evo
dude... a week... for a bulb?
omfg!
youre car prolly got trashed im sorry man so sorry
always check ur mileage!Q!!
Ya the bulb came in from Japan, they didnt have any in stock and had to remove the bumper also...
Old Apr 13, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
Fight it. Request a declaration of trial my mail and then use this defense...
EDIT: You aren't in Cali, are you? Thought I saw Ft. Worth in your avatar...

You had 3 other peeps in the car with you? Basically, you'll have to show up to court, plead not guilty set up a pre-trial date to speak with the city prosecutor. When you talk to him/her explain the situation and tell them that you have 3 witnesses that will testify that the light was green. If the prosecutor wont dismiss, set up a trial by jury and prepare your defense.. It should focus on the fact that there is no hard evidence of you commiting a crime and that you have the word of 3 other people against the word of the cop. Hopefully your friends don't have any kind of discrediting records or anything.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Some examples:

Hahaha; you are the pig whisperer
Old Apr 13, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by red evo8
Everyone knows that some cops will just flat out be ***'s more than others and alot of it is directed toward people who mod cars, so thursday im driving down one of our main roads dirving normally and all a good 43 in a 40 ( gas prices ) and i pass through a 4 intersection and i get a good mile or 2 from it then i see those lovely blue and red lights flashing me down and im thinking ok another no license plate or w/e they were going to make up , so i roll down the window and the officer asks for my information , i then ask him what i got pulled over for and he says " o you don't know? you didn't see that red light you ran back there " im sitting in my car thinking umm "no" and i have 3 people sitting in the car and were all sitting there saying that was a green light it hadn't even switched into yellow yet!, so i sit there an argue with him about it then he comes back with a 225$ red light ticket and says have a good day basically i got a ticket for no apparent reason , i can see if i did run a light i wouldn't be aggrevated but when i was doing NOTHING WRONG OMG WTF! anywayz im going to try and fight it in court seeing that where he was sitting you couldn't even see the light that i "supposibly " ran just thought i would share the experience

yea dude, if your telling the truth, i would say fight for it...but then its true that the judge go on the cops side...

and i have a friend that got pulled over for speeding when she wasnt speeding at all...the cops told her "well, no one gonna believe you in court." so she ended up paying the fine.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:05 PM

Much experience (including a conversation w/ a friend who's a Stater and one who's a reserve cop) convinces me that when you get pulled over, don't EVER argue or make an excuse trying to get out of a ticket - it's what they're waiting for...
Must be the difference between cops in your area and my area. In the old days, say 10-15 years ago, I routinely talked my way out of tickets, but now, the cops are all business in my area. They don't even ask me the reason why I was doing whatever it was that was illegal. They just get my DL/insurance, tell me what I did wrong, disappear to their car for 5 min, come back, hand me a ticket, and leave.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:13 PM

For the most part it IS a business.

This kind of b.s. happens to me all the time, but never when I'm actually doing anything wrong. At 16 I used to drive like a jackass in the slowest cars on earth without a single ticket, and now when I'm not in any of my decently quick vehicles just cruising at the speed limit I get pulled over. It must be karma or something.

I like the idea of just admitting you were doing something wrong, but how do you admit to it if you have no clue what the cop is talking about?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

The saddest thing is out here the focus more on cracking down on cruising, not even street racing but cruzin. And we are the number one state for DWI, DUI, DWI related accidents, and DWI related deaths. No offense i think there prioraties are messed up...

Quick Reply: police harrassment