Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

police harrassment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tonz of fun
Just one question How old are you???
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by coffeeslug
Hahaha; you are the pig whisperer
Do I have your permission to use that one?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Must be the difference between cops in your area and my area. In the old days, say 10-15 years ago, I routinely talked my way out of tickets, but now, the cops are all business in my area. They don't even ask me the reason why I was doing whatever it was that was illegal. They just get my DL/insurance, tell me what I did wrong, disappear to their car for 5 min, come back, hand me a ticket, and leave.
Since we live in the same area I'd have to say that either you're wrong or I'm lucky...
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Fight it in court and bring all your witnesses with you who were in the car. That will be a pain for them but it will definitely help. Unfortunately, most traffic court judges think all drivers are liars and all cops are saints. Good luck. Maybe the cop won't show up. Happens pretty often and then you win.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spartikus
For the most part it IS a business.

I like the idea of just admitting you were doing something wrong, but how do you admit to it if you have no clue what the cop is talking about?
I always have a pretty good idea of what I've done. I've never had a cop not tell me before writing me up... have you?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by cj8718
I always have a pretty good idea of what I've done. I've never had a cop not tell me before writing me up... have you?
Oh they tell me what I was doing, but it's usually something rediculous such as running a stop sign or turning "too fast" and that I was going 12mph over the speed limit on top of doing said action. I was driving a 140hp Celica GT for every offense. Maybe it's because it's a red car and it "looks fast"?

I'm a very alert driver and I know when there are police around. I've watched one sitting on the side of the interstate from a mile back and I got pulled over for speeding! I wasn't aware that radar guns are accurate at more than a mile away. Am I supposed to admit to it when they ask me if I know why I was pulled over?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:10 PM

Must be the difference between cops in your area and my area. In the old days, say 10-15 years ago, I routinely talked my way out of tickets, but now, the cops are all business in my area. They don't even ask me the reason why I was doing whatever it was that was illegal. They just get my DL/insurance, tell me what I did wrong, disappear to their car for 5 min, come back, hand me a ticket, and leave.
I know exactly what you mean, those were the good old days.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:30 PM
Account Disabled

It may work for cj8718, but admitting guilt is not always the best idea. In fact the first thing any traffic attorney will tell you is not to admit guilt. The cops have many ways of getting you own up. Just play dumb and don't do anything to register in the pig's memory. That way he'll have a helluva time matching your level of detail when it comes time to give a statement in a trial by declaration.

Originally Posted by M00kiE
EDIT: You aren't in Cali, are you? Thought I saw Ft. Worth in your avatar...
No I'm in NorCal.

Last edited by Turd Squirter; Apr 13, 2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

To serve and to harass... i say on this case
Old Apr 13, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spartikus

I'm a very alert driver and I know when there are police around. I've watched one sitting on the side of the interstate from a mile back and I got pulled over for speeding! I wasn't aware that radar guns are accurate at more than a mile away. Am I supposed to admit to it when they ask me if I know why I was pulled over?
The short answer is: "Yes.". Hard to do at the time but let me ask you a question: "Is what you're doing now working?" You've already provided that answer.

If you got pulled over it was for a reason. It shouldn't take too many neurons and synapses to figure out why.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
It may work for cj8718, but admitting guilt is not always the best idea. In fact the first thing any traffic attorney will tell you is not to admit guilt. The cops have many ways of getting you own up. Just play dumb and don't do anything to register in the pig's memory. That way he'll have a helluva time matching your level of detail when it comes time to give a statement in a trial by declaration.

No I'm in NorCal.
I've heard one possible definition of insanity is: "Doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.".

Go ahead and keep trying for that different result by doing what you've always done. I'm telling you that's insane.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

I hope I didnt offend you I was just wondering. Police officers profile. I did a huge thesis on it and It works dont get me wrong but... Not all teens in race cars are up to no good. At any rate what Im sayin is if you were 24 I think you would have different outcomes.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:48 PM
Account Disabled

I've heard one possible definition of insanity is: "Doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.".

Go ahead and keep trying for that different result by doing what you've always done. I'm telling you that's insane.
This is my first ticket that I'm fighting. At 30 years of age, I'm no spring chicken either. In the past I've either been let off with a warning or been able to keep it off my record by going to traffic school. You've been pulled over a lot of times and got pretty lucky IMO...and more power to you for that. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. I just think it's a little presumptuous to recommend your strategy to everybody. I'm happy it works for you but not everybody can be as charismatic or disarming when they're on the verge of $300 ticket. Most people couldn't fit a grease BB up their *** once they see those flashing lights in their rearview. Now it may work for some with the right personality, but for most people it won't. It will come across as fake and potentially even worse. For the majority of people it's best to go with a proven formula. Websites like ticketassassin.com are designed EXACTLY for this. They allow you to fight the ticket by mail. The citing officer gets paid to go to court, but he doesn't earn a dime if he has to make his statement through a written declaration. Whose recollection of the citation is going to be more vivid: The officer who writes hundreds each month or yours?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tonz of fun
I hope I didnt offend you I was just wondering. Police officers profile. I did a huge thesis on it and It works dont get me wrong but... Not all teens in race cars are up to no good. At any rate what Im sayin is if you were 24 I think you would have different outcomes.
No offense taken because you could be right. I will say that at 16 I got off when I got pulled over doing 55 in a 25. I started crying and when the cop asked I told him my girlfriend just broke up w/ me. Not planned... it just came to me but it worked.

BTW, I got plenty of tix until I was 33. Haven't had one since I got smart.

Maybe y'all can get smart earlier than me...
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
This is my first ticket that I'm fighting. At 30 years of age, I'm no spring chicken either. In the past I've either been let off with a warning or been able to keep it off my record by going to traffic school. You've been pulled over a lot of times and got pretty lucky IMO...and more power to you for that. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. I just think it's a little presumptuous to recommend your strategy to everybody. I'm happy it works for you but not everybody can be as charismatic or disarming when they're on the verge of $300 ticket. Most people couldn't fit a grease BB up their *** once they see those flashing lights in their rearview. Now it may work for some with the right personality, but for most people it won't. It will come across as fake and potentially even worse. For the majority of people it's best to go with a proven formula. Websites like ticketassassin.com are designed EXACTLY for this. They allow you to fight the ticket by mail. The citing officer gets paid to go to court, but he doesn't earn a dime if he has to make his statement through a written declaration. Whose recollection of the citation is going to be more vivid: The officer who writes hundreds each month or yours?
Charismatic? You've obviously never met me. In reality I'm everything that's wrong w/ society today (if you take the Liberal view): male, white and reasonably successful. If ANYBODY is gonna get a ticket, isn't it a white guy in a Porsche?

I admit I'd be a grease spot if the cop decided to write me a ticket based upon my statements to him. What I'm telling you is that my method disarms them - they're just not expecting it. I'd love to say this is all my idea and I'd patent the sum***** but it isn't. This comes from Johnny Law himself, plain and simple. I've put it in practice and it works.

If you get a jerk cop then you're dead, one way or the other. I truly believe 99% of them are good people and want to give you a break. If you treat them like a person (read HONEST and REAL) then they'll help you out.

Again, I'm offering my experience to help. Since I've got 14 years on your punk *** you should consider listening. If you don't believe me or think it won't work, just go back to your old ways - I honestly don't care if you pay a big fine and your insurance causes you to have to sell you Evo. Oh, and make sure you tell us about your court experience - I've never been there.

Quick Reply: police harrassment