Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

police harrassment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
police harrassment

Everyone knows that some cops will just flat out be ***'s more than others and alot of it is directed toward people who mod cars, so thursday im driving down one of our main roads dirving normally and all a good 43 in a 40 ( gas prices ) and i pass through a 4 intersection and i get a good mile or 2 from it then i see those lovely blue and red lights flashing me down and im thinking ok another no license plate or w/e they were going to make up , so i roll down the window and the officer asks for my information , i then ask him what i got pulled over for and he says " o you don't know? you didn't see that red light you ran back there " im sitting in my car thinking umm "no" and i have 3 people sitting in the car and were all sitting there saying that was a green light it hadn't even switched into yellow yet!, so i sit there an argue with him about it then he comes back with a 225$ red light ticket and says have a good day basically i got a ticket for no apparent reason , i can see if i did run a light i wouldn't be aggrevated but when i was doing NOTHING WRONG OMG WTF! anywayz im going to try and fight it in court seeing that where he was sitting you couldn't even see the light that i "supposibly " ran just thought i would share the experience
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It might be because you have the RED evo, I got the white one and never have been harassed by cops.

But damn....that cop is an ***. He must be looking at the other direction and see RED light or something. COPs are stupid sometime, you should go fight it in court. Go and say you paid taxes for his help, NOT harassment!!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WICKed'N'EVO
It might be because you have the RED evo, I got the white one and never have been harassed by cops.

But damn....that cop is an ***. He must be looking at the other direction and see RED light or something. COPs are stupid sometime, you should go fight it in court. Go and say you paid taxes for his help, NOT harassment!!

Lol Yellow is a faster color I dont care what you say. Lol. Ya dude its mucho gay. Out here the judges always take the cops side without question
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

$225.00 seems pretty steep for a red light violation. Were there any other infractions listed?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:20 PM

welcome to the family. when i got pulled over the first time his first question was "is this car yours" of course i said no. lol
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:22 PM

oh yea i got searched for 30min and got no ticket. then got the kind "have a nice day"
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:24 PM
Account Disabled

Fight it. Request a declaration of trial my mail and then use this defense...

STATEMENT OF FACTS
Defendant's Name: Joe Schmoe
Case No.: S780824

I respectfully submit this written declaration to the Court pursuant to CVC 40902. I plead Not Guilty to the charge of violating CVC 21453(a).

The facts of my case are as follows: While driving southbound on 4th Ave at 0810 on 4-6-00, I noticed the traffic light change from green to yellow as I approached the A Street intersection. Since I was less than 20 feet from the intersection, I decided that it was reasonable and prudent to proceed through the intersection with caution; I safely cleared the intersection at the posted speed limit as attested to by Officer Fugface on my citation. My vehicle was well over the near side limit line, in accordance with the requirements of CVC 21453(a), prior to the light changing from yellow to red.

Soon after safely crossing through the intersection, I was stopped by Officer Fugface (I.D.#1234) and was charged with violating CVC 21453(a) which the officer wrote on my Notice to Appear as "21453(a) CVC Failure to Stop at Red Signal."

As I've already stated, my car was well over the near side limit line prior to the light changing from yellow to red pursuant to the requirements of CVC 21453(a). CVC 21453(a) states: "A driver facing a steady circular red signal alone shall stop at a marked limit line...on the near side of the intersection... ."

From the officer's position on A Street, perpendicular to my position as I crossed through the intersection, it would have been impossible for him to see that my light was still yellow (or to see my light at all) when I crossed the near side limit line as I entered the intersection. It is possible that the officer's light on A Street changed to green as I exited the intersection, however, this observation would give him no clear idea of the color of my light as I entered the intersection; the officer's light had to be red as I entered since my light was still yellow.

The officer may misunderstand that it is legal to cautiously enter an intersection (cross the near side limit line) on a yellow light as I did, only entering an intersection on a steady circular red light is forbidden by CVC 21453(a). If Officer Fugface's light turned green as I cleared the intersection, he may have incorrectly guessed that my light was red when I entered. Since I cautiously entered the intersection on a yellow light, I am not guilty of violating CVC 21453(a) as charged and I ask the Court to dismiss my citation in the interest of justice.

If the court does not find in my favor in this case, I request a fine reduction and a Court assignment to attend traffic school.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing is true and correct.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Very nice, I got ticketed for a blown head light four hours I bought my new car top that.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

What! That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Did you fight it/tell the dealership to pay for it!?

Originally Posted by Tonz of fun
Very nice, I got ticketed for a blown head light four hours I bought my new car top that.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Cop said to get it fixed and he would drop the charges. It was still a fn hassel. The dealership paid for it. It was a 130 dollar bulb and its supposed to last a lifetime lol. O ya and they had my car a week cause " They havent had to do any yet". You have to take off the front bumper to replace it lol.

Last edited by Tonz of fun; Apr 12, 2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo Police
$225.00 seems pretty steep for a red light violation. Were there any other infractions listed?
That is expensive, but I know someone who sucks at driving and actually did blow a red light. Jut that infraction set them back $278.. CT is steep!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

370 or higher I think in Cali...
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo Police
Are you kidding me? Thats cheap! Here in san diego a red light violation is 350bucks.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Yea that's a lot of dough for a red light. For instance here in Washington, DC a red light violation is $75.00.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:05 PM
Former Sponsor

thats bs...in south fl 81 for a regular moving violation....and thats exaclty why i drive a black car....cant be seen, cant be heard....CUT OUT BIA!!!! open it on crazy days....and i wont stop if i can get away lol

Quick Reply: police harrassment