Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

U.S EVO= No front mount intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2002, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
post whoring...thats like when u say a bunch of useless **** to raise ur post count.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 01:47 AM
Evolved Member

yeah what's a *****
Old Feb 26, 2002, 02:54 AM
Evolving Member

EXACTLY
Old Feb 26, 2002, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

>...It is more of a concern on insurance costs. What insurance >companies will have to dish out in repairs on this car. Being that it is >front mounted intercooler. Can get very easily damaged. Second >reason I have heard is that if some kid or many who purchase this >vehicle(due to to its low set price) with no kind of experience just get a >hold of this powerful family sedan and race it thinking they are TM >then causing some serious fatalities. Is a major concern offor sending >this vehicle over here. I know this may seem like BS reasons forto >even consider for us enthusiaists or guys who have done some track >time and know how to handle high performance vehicles...but it is a >concern to cause delay on specs and release.

So you are saying that Mitsubishi is delaying the EVOVII because they are nervous about all the poor young American boys who will die behind the wheel of the high powered EVO VII? Why is this not a concern for any of their other markets?

Do you think Honda or Yamaha is nervous everytime they release a new sport bike or off road vehicle? ****, wake up and smell the coffee!
I guess the new 395 hp SVT Cobra is gonna be delayed now as well...****!

The vast majority 16-25 year Americans will be lucky just to get a ride in an EVO VII when their friends dad lets them sit in the back seat. Your going to have to have one hell of an income to qualify for a $35,000+ car payment and $200/ month insurance premium. Mitsubishi can say all they want that the retail price will be below $30,000. They cant do a damn thing about dealer markup afterwards.

One last thing...
Mitsubishi has been importing cars to the US for years with front mount intercoolers. It was called the Starion.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 12:29 AM

Cool

I don't think they are 'nervous' about anything, I mentioned that they are considering several of these issues for production. Before the EVO there was no vehicle that had that kind of performance for that low a price. I mean you are getting the performance of a porsche in a sedan for less then 30g's. That alone is enough headache for insurance companies.
Bikes are in a seperate category to begin with. They have no such issues since they are in low production as compared to vehicles. Take a look outside...u'll see more cars then bikes.
Lets not compare domestic releases with imports....whole different strategy.Also if you take a good look around you will find very few(almost next to none) New mustangs owned by highschoolers...can't afford the insurance, moslty modded older models.
I said there is possibility that a kid could afford this vehicle and go buck wild, but the purpose of saying so...was to point out that there are very inexperienced drivers out there who get exotic cars and decide to race. Which eventually ends up being a statistic on the 9 o'clock news to further give street racing a hard time. Based on your last quote if the starion has been here with a front mounted intercooler then...in your educated guess on this issue what do u think is the matter for this vehicle not being here any sooner. When it has been well in production over a year now.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 12:53 AM

It's perfectly agreeable to agree that the posts before that agree with the other agreements are in total agreement with all the other agreeable agreements at hand. Don't you agree?

Old Feb 27, 2002, 12:57 AM
Evolving Member

Didnt I already say that?

Zing
Old Feb 27, 2002, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

What? There is prostitution in here now?
Where are all the ******.
/me tells his g/f to home while he takes out his wallet.
OK now, let the whoring start!
Old Feb 27, 2002, 01:00 AM

Yeah but I added your agreement into the total agreement at hand. Booya
Old Feb 27, 2002, 01:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Just for the record:

Street racing should be given a bad name, especially when people do it on the highways. I've seen some people pull some pretty dumb stunts. Tailgating at 90+ mph, etc., etc.

You should either take your car to the drag strip or a race track. I don't mind short races at the stop light (I do that myself), but how many times have you seen young kids kill themselves doing stupid things. I've seen plenty, or at least seen it on the news.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Now I feel like a confused street racing *****....

Here are the facts we know so far...

the EVO VII will come to the US
It will only be offered in a 5 speed automatic
It will have a small rear wing and no hood vents.
It will have around 250 hp
Old Feb 27, 2002, 01:35 AM
Former Sponsor

What?!?! Where are you getting that info?

We stated before, unless you have official Mitsubishi documentation, or an auto news article, don't post stupid stuff like:

The Evo will only be available only in an automatic.
No hood vents
etc. etc.

That's silly. Mitsu has stated that the car won't change except for emissions and impact standards.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH!!

No more silly, unconfirmable rumors, please!
Old Feb 27, 2002, 02:20 AM
Evolving Member

Can someone please delete that post? Holycrap how ignorant are you?!
Old Feb 27, 2002, 02:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Why am I ignorant? I'm just sick of people stating rumors like they're facts. If he can substantiate things like "The Evo will only be available in a five-speed automatic," that's fine. If not, then please stop posting silly rumors. I see nothing ignorant with having a problem with rumors being posted.

e in sin city
Old Feb 27, 2002, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

Here is what the post should have said:

Originally posted by Turbo442

Here are the facts we know so far...

the EVO VII will come to the US
That's all we know so far as an established fact!

Quick Reply: U.S EVO= No front mount intercooler