Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi's advertising sucks!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2003, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELLO people!!! FAST and FURIOUS 2. June 6, t hat will get the word out I think
Old Apr 9, 2003, 07:44 PM

In the sequel has a sweet neon green EVO ala GSX FF1 if anyone didn't know. The ultimate summer advertising campaign
Old Apr 9, 2003, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by Coolguy949

Yeah, myself and a bunch of other guys from the forum are in it. Not to mention, o00o and TaiwanEvo's evos are going to be the ones in it. I'm just in a lot of background shots and I'm opening the hood of an evo and looking inside. In another shot i;m standing next to mike from Road///Race as he's looking at a laptop hooked up to Kontradictions' turbo lancer OZ.

Coolguy949, your name is well earned you coool BIATCH!!!
Old Apr 9, 2003, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

mitsubishi has done enuff advertising with the GRAND TURISMO series...i'm sure alot of ppl here got to know abt the EVO thru the GT series...not to mention many other rally games tht r ard such as WRCextreme,sega-rally etc etc...

and the lesser the people know abt the EVO,the less unwanted attention u get fr thiefs n punks vandalising yr EVO...
Old Apr 9, 2003, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

boo fast and furious RicedEvo in fast and furious
Old Apr 9, 2003, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

There are a few advantages to cars that are mass market and bought a lot... it's cheap to get parts to fix em and subsequent production of the cars tends to be cheaper. There's also a bigger 3rd party repair market for em so you don't have to take em to a dealer or specialty shop. People who dream a 30k car is going to be "rare" are kidding themselves.
Old Apr 9, 2003, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

not really drmosh, if they only bring 5,000 a year every year..they will be rare.

If you want mass market on a lancer I'd love to trade you for my mass market us lancer.
Old Apr 9, 2003, 09:25 PM

sooner or later a lot of people will drive it
but not as many as honda (they're everywhere, every block; they also riced up the car)
Old Apr 9, 2003, 09:36 PM

Think about it for a moment....If was to launch a mass marketing campaign for the car right now with supply already limited dealers would raise the sticker even more and dealerships like the one I work at may even join in the over-sticker campaign simply because of the lack of supply/high demand. We are selling them at sticker and can't keep them in stock. Infact, our next shipment is due in in 3 weeks and we are nearly sold out again already. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 4500 cars slated for the US in 03 and a good many of them are already spoken for. Dealers everywhere are getting by with overpricing due to this. If it were on TV as often as the all new Endeavor is, imagine the increase of demand vs the same number of cars being available. Not to mention the fact that the car's reputation is advertisement enough. They are saving huge dollars and still rolling the cars out as fast as the trucks can bring them in. We would all love to see the commercials and printed ads but the car just speaks for itself.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

yea the commercial air's on april 28th
Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Mitsubishi's advertising sucks!

Originally posted by inariv5573
I am a proud owner of a Yellow EVO. First one in Prestige at Turnersville, NJ.
Who'd you deal with at Prestige? S'where I bought my ES....
Old Apr 10, 2003, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Mitsubishi's advertising sucks!

Originally posted by inariv5573
But of course they know Viper, or Ferrari.
And when was the last time you saw a commercial for the Viper or for ANY Ferrari? I have NEVER seen a Ferrari commercial. Sure the Viper makes random special appearances in Dodge product line-up commercials, but they are hardly creating Viper commercials. This "dodge model" seems to be similar to what Mitsu plans on doing with the Evo.

But somehow enthusiasts still know about both of these cars. Why? Because it's word of mouth, magazine write-ups, and real world performance numbers that sell cars to enthusiasts. Not tv commercials.

Commercials are meant to increase buyer awareness, so that in turn sales also increase on a particular product. Mitsu doesn't need to do that with a low volume niche car. The people who will buy this car already know about it's existence.

And anyway, who cares if anyone knows what your car is? Did you buy your Evo to get respect, praise, and adulation from your neighbors? Or did you buy it to tear up the streets and tracks in your town?

SC~
Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:10 PM

From view point of people took commercial scene for Mitsubishi seem very Ralli like commercial with Evo VIII.

I know they took commercial scene on one day from various locations and sources...

Dying to see the result though.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Heard the commercial filmed at ROAD/RACE and Irvindale will air on April 28. By the way Pearlwhite OZ is in it too. Filmed some stuff at his house.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Re: Mitsubishi's advertising sucks!

Originally posted by Secret Chimp

And when was the last time you saw a commercial for the Viper or for ANY Ferrari? I have NEVER seen a Ferrari commercial. Sure the Viper makes random special appearances in Dodge product line-up commercials, but they are hardly creating Viper commercials. This "dodge model" seems to be similar to what Mitsu plans on doing with the Evo.

But somehow enthusiasts still know about both of these cars. Why? Because it's word of mouth, magazine write-ups, and real world performance numbers that sell cars to enthusiasts. Not tv commercials.

Commercials are meant to increase buyer awareness, so that in turn sales also increase on a particular product. Mitsu doesn't need to do that with a low volume niche car. The people who will buy this car already know about it's existence.

And anyway, who cares if anyone knows what your car is? Did you buy your Evo to get respect, praise, and adulation from your neighbors? Or did you buy it to tear up the streets and tracks in your town?

SC~
EXACTLY. And let's not forget that advertising is not just TV. Ferrari et al all do significant advertising, it is just not through the usual mass market channels like TV. That would be a waste of time, not to say moeny, for Ferrari. it is all about targeting the marketing campaign - rifle shot v blunderbuss.