Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Project Weight Reduction

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:44 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tpayne84
Is this your daily driver?

I hope not..................

no it is not i have other cars at my hands. but i do drive it a lot. if that is what you were wondering.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

ya was wondering where some under hood pics were, you didnt post any cause you havent taken anything out of there yet huh?

also not sure about the DC CF hood, but i read that some of the CF hoods are heavier than the stock hoods, so do your research before going CF hood!! i believe you save like 6lbs or something on the trunk though.

ya with the sun roof, dont know if duct tape is legal.. are you putting lexan up there too?

sucks cage is going to add weight, dont know if your going to be able to get down to 2500lb and be race ready but good luck!!

i wish i had the money to do this to an evo, think about how crazy this car would be with 300+ WHP, and weigh less than 2700lbs with driver :O!! you would beat any production car garunteed. bye bye enzo's, bye bye carrera GT, bye bye Zonda...
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

i'll probably go the same route in about 8 years and turn it into a full fledge race car but for now it's my daily so i won't go that far, how does it handle now compared to all the stuff ripped out?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

also how much did your car weigh when you ran the 11.8@115? i assume your 355/356 is on a dynojet?

what are your future power mods going to be? err what do you have now too?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:55 PM

You have a sunroof so I'm guessing you didn't go the easier/cheaper way to do it, RS.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

I appreciate you keeping us up to date. But would it be that much harder to spell correctly and use just a bit of grammar? My brain would appreciate it as it would be MUCH easier to read.

Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spartikus
You have a sunroof so I'm guessing you didn't go the easier/cheaper way to do it, RS.
+1 If you are taking it this seriously why not start with an RS? Or did you just wake up one night and go "OMGzor I'm going to totally strip my car to the bone for the hell of it!!!"
Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoRecordSetter
ya was wondering where some under hood pics were, you didnt post any cause you havent taken anything out of there yet huh?

also not sure about the DC CF hood, but i read that some of the CF hoods are heavier than the stock hoods, so do your research before going CF hood!! i believe you save like 6lbs or something on the trunk though.

ya with the sun roof, dont know if duct tape is legal.. are you putting lexan up there too?

sucks cage is going to add weight, dont know if your going to be able to get down to 2500lb and be race ready but good luck!!

i wish i had the money to do this to an evo, think about how crazy this car would be with 300+ WHP, and weigh less than 2700lbs with driver :O!! you would beat any production car garunteed. bye bye enzo's, bye bye carrera GT, bye bye Zonda...

dc sport is the lightest ya can get in hood and trunk did my reshares. also there is a pices of lexan up there. and as of now i do beat a lot of cars. but still needs work.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by LanEvoNine
i'll probably go the same route in about 8 years and turn it into a full fledge race car but for now it's my daily so i won't go that far, how does it handle now compared to all the stuff ripped out?

with weight reduction is gains a lot all over with power in all rpm, handling, less stress on the drive tranny. so in all to all it helps every thing. but taking weight out and with stock suspstion i belive car rides a lot higher. which also is not a good thing but coil over will help that out hehe.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoRecordSetter
also how much did your car weigh when you ran the 11.8@115? i assume your 355/356 is on a dynojet?

what are your future power mods going to be? err what do you have now too?
-TBE
-HKS RS Intake
-MBC
-BR Upper IC Pipe w/1G BOV
-HKS 264/272 Cams
-BFG Drag Radials
-Utec (was not fully tune knock the hole way down track)
-Weight Reduction (~ 200LB)
-Stock Clutch (33,000 Miles still going)

^when i ran the 11.8

and future power mods. as of right now my mind is all over. i want to build a road race car. but then i also want a big big turbo to laugh at people. but in all to all i want a car that can drive on street have fun anywere on any track and still have good times. which a big turbo will such becasue spool up and then to much power at one sec. so im thinking strong on a 20g size. and hoping i can get that into the 10s. and or can go with a t67 or somthing that siZe with a 25g wheel and will have i think good spool, make fun power and make nice times. but hey just time to tell right. maybe i will go with a stock turbo and beat the big cruth brown guy haha.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by cletus323
+1 If you are taking it this seriously why not start with an RS? Or did you just wake up one night and go "OMGzor I'm going to totally strip my car to the bone for the hell of it!!!"

hehe you both kind of on the line. well i had gone this car for every day for work. and then things change, i got up and also got inspried by someone and went to town. i dont think anything wrong with it. i just look at it as a hobbie and have fun in life. so thats what i do. i think its cool!!
Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dadriva
I appreciate you keeping us up to date. But would it be that much harder to spell correctly and use just a bit of grammar? My brain would appreciate it as it would be MUCH easier to read.

Thanks

sorry i will try.. but i get so like exsided to type back and i think my hands go befor i think about what i say lol.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

proof read before you hit the reply button. Thats one hell of a job though....
Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Weight reduction starts with the driver. I'm not saying the thread starter is fat, but a lot of drivers are fatties whose diets consist of carne asada nachos and Bud Light. Maybe jogging a little bit and losing weight here and there (if you are a hefty one) would help out.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

God help me for asking this question, but do you have a list of parts you have deleted and how much weight each one saves? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Project Weight Reduction