Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

fuel cut maybe?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed nevermind

turned out loose clamp

Last edited by HIPSI9; Apr 21, 2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stuttering isn't fuel cut. If you had a Talon that hit fuel cut, then you know it's when you are at full boost then hit a brick wall and lose all power. If you are stuttering, then you likely have a big IC piping boost leak or a spark plug problem.

So, the million dollar question is...why in the WORLD did you already add an FMIC to your IX when you have such basic mods and have no use for one whatsoever? Also, are you sure you can get a mail-in flash made for an exhaust, o2 housing, and FMIC? I doubt there are many IXs out there with that combo who have gotten a flash. Also, why did you replace your perfectly-good JDM MR DV with a Tial? And why are you not recirculating?
Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
why in the WORLD did you already add an FMIC to your IX when you have such basic mods and have no use for one whatsoever? Also, are you sure you can get a mail-in flash made for an exhaust, o2 housing, and FMIC? I doubt there are many IXs out there with that combo who have gotten a flash. Also, why did you replace your perfectly-good JDM MR DV with a Tial? And why are you not recirculating?

as far as the fmic goes i hit a bird and jacked it up pretty well, and lake roads dont help either they have alot of rocks ands such, wasnt nec. going to go with mail in thought about taking it somewhere in the midwest, i used a tial on my old car and wanted the same one. i am probably going to go back with my old bov, b4 too long, new one is too loud

ill check all my piping first and then besides that i dont know
Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You said you were going to send the ECU off ASAP. I guess you didn't really mean that and were just saying it because you knew we'd flame you for doing mods on a IX without a tune then complaining about a problem that you think is fuel cut (but isn't)? I'm not sure why using and liking something on an old car would be a good reason to put something on your Evo. It's not a toy, so don't treat it like one. If a bird actually went through your front mesh and damaged the stock FMIC, then that's a good reason to upgrade the FMIC, but not necessarily the pipes. Hopefully, you can fix whatever the problem is and run well even with the IC pipes.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You said you were going to send the ECU off ASAP. I guess you didn't really mean that and were just saying it because you knew we'd flame you for doing mods on a IX without a tune then complaining about a problem that you think is fuel cut (but isn't)? I'm not sure why using and liking something on an old car would be a good reason to put something on your Evo. It's not a toy, so don't treat it like one. If a bird actually went through your front mesh and damaged the stock FMIC, then that's a good reason to upgrade the FMIC, but not necessarily the pipes. Hopefully, you can fix whatever the problem is and run well even with the IC pipes.

first i didnt know if i would send it to someone or take it to kc/stl and have it done. the ic i bought would not work with stock piping so i had to upgrade that, why spend money 2 times if you dont have to.
im not treating it like a toy im not driving it till i know what exactly is going on and how to remedy the problem, all the driving i do is highway i have hit birds in my other cars but this one just hit it right to screw it up a bit. i hope that i can run it with these pipes, if not im not sure what i will do.
I remember pm'ing someone in the past about a mail in, but i guess your saying it cant be done because of my mods i dont understand what you are trying to say but... i'm going to go check my pipes and see if that fixes it.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

oh and it isnt really like a big stutter its like a loss then norm then brick wall all in a couple seconds