Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

plz teach me how to lauch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plz teach me how to lauch

hey guyz I just wanna to try to drag the car better than now.
I dunno how to keep the turbo spool up while I'm changing the gear.
I don't really know what the technical word that is but anway can someone tell me how to do it.
then I can practice collectly
Old Apr 22, 2006, 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

nah no one want to be responsible when you break your tranny

this car is not build to drag

this is why sometimes i hope mitsu never brought this car over
Old Apr 22, 2006, 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He also failed to mention he has a GT35R, which would be very helpful. The big turbo is also why he mentioned having trouble keeping the turbo spooled between shifts. The only thing I know to do is to no-lift shift, and that needs to be setup with whatever tuning device he's using. I have no idea how to launch a GT35r-equipped car, though.

Last edited by Zeus; Apr 22, 2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 03:45 AM
Evolving Member

After the first light, REV the engine until it hits the launch control ,then keep it floored.
Right before the green light, start pulling out the clutch until the friction or grab point.
When you see the green light pull the clutch out a little more ( do not dump the clutch ),
continue pulling it out until you don't need it anymore...

When you need to shift to second, give full clutch and pull into neutral, but keep about
3/4 throttle, release the clutch and push back in and shift to second with full throttle,
then release the clutch a little slower than you would to shift out of a gear, but not to slow,
just a split second slower.

For the rest of the gears I barely let my foot off the throttle to shift, some times not at all.

This has worked great for me, but I'm sure there are many different techniques, and I would do
allot of research and practice if I planed on drag racing all the time.

Good Luck

Last edited by Evo#1; Apr 22, 2006 at 03:53 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Evo#1
After the first light, REV the engine until it hits the launch control ,then keep it floored.
Right before the green light, start pulling out the clutch until the friction or grab point.
When you see the green light pull the clutch out a little more ( do not dump the clutch ),
continue pulling it out until you don't need it anymore...

When you need to shift to second, give full clutch and pull into neutral, but keep about
3/4 throttle, release the clutch and push back in and shift to second with full throttle,
then release the clutch a little slower than you would to shift out of a gear, but not to slow,
just a split second slower.

For the rest of the gears I barely let my foot off the throttle to shift, some times not at all.

This has worked great for me, but I'm sure there are many different techniques, and I would do
allot of research and practice if I planed on drag racing all the time.

Good Luck
I tried what u said. My ix doesn't rev above 5 M when clutch is depressed. When I ease off the the clutch after braking point, revs drops to 2.5 M for a very terrible launch. If I ease off too slow, the standard clutch will have to be replaced very soon.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 04:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by medsheikh
I tried what u said. My ix doesn't rev above 5 M when clutch is depressed. When I ease off the the clutch after braking point, revs drops to 2.5 M for a very terrible launch. If I ease off too slow, the standard clutch will have to be replaced very soon.
You need practice, I guarantee you that I could launch your car no problem.