Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ix with flash...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ix with flash...

jw... I know that this has probably been answered 1,000,000 times, but I searched and couldn't find anything to directly answer my question...

What will a bone stock ix put down for HP with just a flash? How about with flash/dyno tune?

Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I personally have seen already a few customer posting, unfortunately I can't remember what they put but look under Dynoflash and AMS and Turbotrix, I believe they are very active about their basic flash for the Evos.

I have seen as much as nearly 40whp(Mynes performance on their own Evo) with juts a ECUTEK tuning

Carlos
Old Apr 22, 2006, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

If i had to guess, by running 94 pump gas you may get a few horses with a flash and tune. You have to remember, mitsu tuned the car on the stock equip. pretty well, i wouldn't expect any gains or very minimal.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
just pm al hell tell you what you need to know
Old Apr 22, 2006, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

MR cole,

Mitsubishi tuned their cars for long term reliability. There is a whole lot more to squeeze from their engines with minor adjustments.

a $50 MBC can make a 1st gen Eclipse go from 10psi to almost 17psi before fuel cut, that is at least 50hp with just a boost adjustment and no tuning. Any decent tuner with a ECU tuning should be able to squeeze 40-50crank HP so I don't know what you mean about minimal gains. Can you elaborate some more?

Toyota Supras TT 94'and up are factory programed to safely run all the way to maximum boost in the event of accidentally disconnecting a boost line, I can imagine they can generate another 30-50hp by just increasing boost.

In this case(Evo engine) I reiterate that the gains can also be significant by altering the boost alone, add the tuning into the equation and the gains can be spectacular (proven fact)

Remember, this car(Evo) is not a Nissan 350Z in which they spent $1600 in a full exhaust and it LOSS 2hp(Sport Compact Car Article).
Nor it is a Camaro Z28 where they tested a diablo chip and the car got slower.

Thanks

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Apr 22, 2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 07:50 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

With a flash alone, you'll probably gain 20-30whp, but you'll also gain alot more torque.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MRCole
If i had to guess, by running 94 pump gas you may get a few horses with a flash and tune. You have to remember, mitsu tuned the car on the stock equip. pretty well, i wouldn't expect any gains or very minimal.
This was just a joke...right?

From the several replies I've given in threads that you've read, you haven't once looked at the little text in my sig? Not only do Evos NOT come from the factory tuned "pretty well," but on the IX you can get TONS of power with a flash...more than on VIIIs that already get no less than 20whp gains from a flash.

2 IXs in the DC area gained 50whp/50wtq with a flash and MBC. With just a flash, you can expect to gain 30-40whp depending on if it's a mail-in or custom tune (dyno doesn't matter).
Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Clayton,

It is obvious to me that MRcole comes from a Honda world were Honda tuning is wolrdwide known to be the actually manufacturer that already squeezes the most of their cars(Non turbo)

To me, I see this as a big irony, MR cole says that the Evo comes from the factory very well tune and basicly saying atht the power is already maximized, I don't see it that way, I see Honda instead maximizing their engineering to the max, not the case on Mitsubishi turbo cars.

I can never forget the article on magazine Power pages two years ago were they tested a 92 FWD Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo, they installed just 4 things for less than $595:

HKS fuel cut defender
AFC II
Downpipe
MBC

they got nearly 100hp

my .2c

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Apr 22, 2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
This was just a joke...right?

From the several replies I've given in threads that you've read, you haven't once looked at the little text in my sig? Not only do Evos NOT come from the factory tuned "pretty well," but on the IX you can get TONS of power with a flash...more than on VIIIs that already get no less than 20whp gains from a flash.

2 IXs in the DC area gained 50whp/50wtq with a flash and MBC. With just a flash, you can expect to gain 30-40whp depending on if it's a mail-in or custom tune (dyno doesn't matter).
Thanks for the provided info. I knew the ix had a better flash result, just wasn't sure what the numbers to expect would be.

How would this result change if a turbo back exhaust and a steady 22psi MBC was added?
Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CtSilver03Evo
Thanks for the provided info. I knew the ix had a better flash result, just wasn't sure what the numbers to expect would be.

How would this result change if a turbo back exhaust and a steady 22psi MBC was added?
So, I just asked MRCole if he's never seen my sig, but then you go and ask me this question? Seriously, you've seen me post tons of times. How can you not know the answer to that question when it's right in my sig and is already made into a very cheap package by Buschur?
Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Now were are getting into my territory, I have the same mods on my Evo 9 as you are asking:

3"TB
mail in flash(Dynoflash)
CAI
MBC

made 304/304 on a Mustang Dyno on 91 oct 2 days ago, boost around 22-23psi.

Carlos
Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

please search for this, there are a hundred threads discussing this exact thing, even going as far as breaking it down by mods to hp with flash. i cant believe you have spent more than 5 minutes searching.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
So, I just asked MRCole if he's never seen my sig, but then you go and ask me this question? Seriously, you've seen me post tons of times. How can you not know the answer to that question when it's right in my sig and is already made into a very cheap package by Buschur?
Sorry man.. somehow missed the link there that deffined what came in the package. Good info though, and you're deff right. Good prices for good power. You're the man. Thanks.