Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Test drive;

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2006, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I showed interest in the Evo scene,only 03 models were out so I went to the dealer and test drove a yellow one for 10 miles.They did not have a silver with no sunroof so bought it some where else.When it came to trade the 03 for an 06 MR none were in stock but they had a IX 5 speed and they said I could try but didn't care.To me there weren't enough differences,but the 6 speed with bilsteins justified the one week wait!By the way I purchased the IXMR with 5 miles.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I was shopping for my EVO, many dealerships looked at me thinking I was a young kid trying to act serious.

I even had to go to the extent of waving my checkbook and friggin bank statements (showing I had the friggin cash on hand to make a strong downpayment) in their faces in order for them to take me seriously.

I also will admit that I was a picky and tough customer as well, being that I have pretty much been in sales, customer service all my life I kinda knew both sides of the coin, how to negotiate from a customers point of view, and how to make a sale from a salesman point of view....

I was even such a pain in the *** at one Mitsubishi dealer that the sales manager even cursed me out in the middle of the friggin showroom as I was walking out of the dealership... He even told me please dont come back... lol...
Old Apr 24, 2006, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im guessing if i go test driving i should either:
a) go with my parents to do so...
b) role up in my dads 745 Li...
c) dont go for an evo and go by myself? lol...
Old Apr 24, 2006, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My local dealer have an 06 IX MR with 120 miles in there and I refuse to buy that one, they even offer me an $1K off.
So I have them look for an better one, 2 weeks later. I got the IX MR with only 3 miles.
They have an black IX GSR for me to test drive but I did not have the time to test drive it though.